cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itprosntx
Canine II

PW 8.0 workstation install Windows 10 pro 64 bit

We are upgrading one of my clients from PW 7.7 to 8.0. On a new install of Window 10 Pro 64 bit, I attempted to install the workstation from the WSETUP and it partially installs then hangs after resetting the tutorial info. It never finishes the install and does not work if you exit. The same install works fine on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit workstation. Any ideas why W10 is having a problem? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PW 8.0 workstation install Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Derek,

I will reach out to you directly on this.

itprosntx
Canine II

Re: PW 8.0 workstation install Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Actually this is why there is an Exchange... so that people can get answers when support is not available. Your reply should have been, "Our installer for version 8.0 or 8.1 hangs on the workstation install for Windows 10 because it is trying to install a flash component that is in our installer package. The fix for the problem is to wait for the workstation install to finish resetting the tutorial info and then open up the task manager. Click More Details and expand out the installer to show the running processes. Right click on Adobe Flash (under the workstation installer) and end the task. Once you do this, the installer will complete the installation as normal."

0 Kudos