cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolyn621
Canine III

PW Update to Clipboard

We would like to have a place on the #clipboard that will allow us to view the patient's place of employment. We know that #employment can be recorded in the "OTHER" button on the right side of the clipboard although it can not be printed on the route slip nor can it be viewed when the chart is opened. Therefore the "OTHER" button/info is rendered useless. We want to minimize clicks and have this info in front of us where we don't have to dig for it. We don't want to have to ask the patient again where they work, we would like it to appear that we remember and any of the staff can use this information to initiate conversation. 

Please help us create the warm and caring relationship with the change that would allow the employment info appear on the clipboard.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
sonyap
Premolar II

Re: PW Update to Clipboard

We don't even have an "other" button - where is that?

0 Kudos

Sonya

I believe she is referring to the "Other Info" button where you can enter in an Alternate name for the Employer.

Carolyn

Typically the Employer/plan for the insurance is the name of the company they work for, so as it is designed right now that is where offices are expected to have that information, which would be right on their clipboard. But as it is now, there is not a way to make it display the "Employer (alternate name)" information anywhere except in that box.

Alternatively you could use the Sticky notes to add the employer's alternate name and then use the option for the sticky to display upon opening their clipboard or checking in an appt.

-Johnathan

carolyn621
Canine III

Jonathan -

You are correct to state that in most cases it is tied to the insurance although not in all cases.

What about the individuals that don’t have insurance? We really would like to have it in front us.

Carolyn Barnett

0 Kudos

I'm tagging Jeremy in this so he can see this as a potential feature request juriz

0 Kudos

The only thing I could really suggest for the time being is that you use the yellow sticky notes, or yes the other info window. either would require that extra click to either close the sticky, or open the other info box.  Though the yellow sticky would only be one additional click just to close the windows vs two on the other info box.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I second johnathan.d‌ recommendation of a sticky note on the patient's clipboard. 

ks3m
Canine III

We use a yellow sticky note for that type of information and have it print out on the route slip (even though we are chartless, our staff still likes having the route slips).  

0 Kudos
carolyn621
Canine III

We use stickies too. Have you found that with numerous pop up stickies that few of the stickies are actually read? 

And as you know the route slip can only accommodate so many characters can print in the "IMPORTANT NOTES" section of the route slip.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I can't speak from office experience but I've wondered the same thing during visits to PracticeWorks offices. Curious to see what others say about this. 

0 Kudos