cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
appeldmd
Canine II

Practice Central Crashing Practiceworks

I have been having problems with Practice Central for the past 2+ weeks where it freezes and then crashes Practiceworks whenever I click on the module. I have had my IT team look at it and they have been on calls with Carestream support at least twice now. Both times the problem is resolved for about a day, then it returns the following day. Any input on solutions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Re: Practice Central Crashing Practiceworks

Robert,

Using the office name in your profile I've found your account in our system and I have reviewed the two previous cases you've had on this issue. The next steps in troubleshooting it are a little more complex than I'm comfortable posting on the Exchange. I have called and left a message on your office's voicemail with my contact information and a case number. Please either call the support line back and request me or reply here with a date and time during our support hours that I can reach you to work on this directly. Our support hours are Monday-Friday 8am - 8:30pm EST.

0 Kudos
thwhw302
Canine II

We too are having great difficulty with Practice Central. Spent over 2.5 hours (total) on the phone with 2 different reps Wednesday & Thursday last week. Thought it was fixed and today it's worse than before. The system froze up twice while simply trying to load Practice Central. I need/use this tool and it hasn't worked in over 2 months. Time is the issue! 

0 Kudos

Trish,

Looking at your profile, I see you are a Softdent client. I have pulled up your account and forwarded your information to my counterpart in Softdent Support. Someone should be reaching out to you soon.

0 Kudos
appeldmd
Canine II

Thanks for the quick response and for talking to my IT team to get it corrected... however it just started freezing and crashing again today. It was working yesterday, but I did notice a significant departure from the scheduled treatment and the actual end of day billing, possibly indicating something was awry. Usually the scheduled production follows closely with what is actually charged out. 

Both myself and my IT team are getting frustrated because this is the third time we have had the problem "fixed" and each time it comes back, although the last fix did last longer than the first two. 

0 Kudos

Robert,

I've attempted to contact you at your office again and left a message for you with my number and case number. Please give me a call and we'll get this resolved.

0 Kudos
appeldmd
Canine II

Thanks, I will have my IT team get in touch with you. It's unlikely to be today, but sometime early next week. 

0 Kudos
kpratt
Canine III

Did you find a solution for Practice Central crashing.  Ours doesn't work either and I would like to have it resolved.

0 Kudos

Kristy,

I've created a case for this and will reach out to you offline about this issue.

appeldmd
Canine II

Ours has been corrected... in a sense. I was told after many rounds of contact between my IT team and Practiceworks support the problem is actually within the Practiceworks software itself. If there are 10 or more workstations fired up and connected to the server and all running Practiceworks, then Practice Central goes unstable. The solution has been to make sure there are only 9 workstations up and running at any one time... I don't know how much a solution that is for you. 

0 Kudos