cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertwagner16
Canine III

Separate section for Medications on Clipboard

Our office is kind of in the middle of transitioning from paper charts to electronic... But few things made it difficult; for example, we have to put medications on the same area as the medical alerts. We had a find a way to differentiate which medications the patients were taking and what meditations they were allergic to. It just would be very nice to have a separate section for medications, that way eliminating the need to look at the paper chart. 

21 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Separate section for Medications on Clipboard

Hello robertwagner16‌! I'm tagging our Product Line Manager matt.ackerman‌ so he can see your suggestion. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I agree robertwagner16‌ -- there needs to be better organization around the problem list, medication history and allergies.  They can exist in the same place, but they should be visually different so that you can easily discern from one or another.  I've had a revision of this portion of the clipboard on my list, and i'd like to do this in a future release.

jeanspears
Premolar I

We have been scanning health histories in charting as attachments but then I also created a medical history update form in charting.  It's a little time consuming to get it set up, but once your routine is in place - it's pretty slick.  When the heath

history is scanned in, either myself or one of our assistants creates a new medical update form for the patient.  It includes the date, a box for entering notes on recent changes or surgeries, a box for notes for medications, allergies or general notes as well as an area for the employees initials.  It can be "activated" to pop up every time the chart is opened - this gives you the opportunity to simply view it (since what was previously entered is in there) and it's also able to be edited or added to.  BUT there is always an existing or old copy of the note saved in the chart as well.  It's taken some tweaking over time to figure out exactly what you want - but it's worked really well in our office.

road_runner2
Canine II

So, we have a chartless office, but it's not paperless.  

We have systems in place with Medical/Health forms that automatically print with the patient's info if it hasn't been updated in 365 days.

Printed form includes their names, ins, health history, and has specific questions along with balance and a place to sign.

If there was a way to insert a photo here, I'd post what we do, this is definitely one area that PW is not easy to launch out of the box!  

The built in automation customization makes this possible in a slick way.

kpratt
Canine III

Can you let me know how you set up the forms to automatically print when the patient's info hasn't been updated in 365 days?

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

Yes - if you could share how you get the form to print that would be great!

0 Kudos
road_runner2
Canine II

Well, it's complicated but that's the power... 

For starters, you have to create an update sheet document with the date, patient's name, address, dob, ins, med history, meds, allergies, etc.  (Actuallly, you'll create two.  One for ins patients, one for uninsured patients)

Then, you create 2 autolinks on 'Appt Book/Check in appointment'. Again, one ins, one uninsured.

Check Response is optional & Select response by default.

In "Must be all these", check patient with ins, system event started

Here's my Formula for the autolink:

PrimIPPerson.IsInsPatient = TRUE
AND
(Appt.IsRecall = TRUE OR Patient.LastIn < IncMonth(Today(), -11))
AND
FormVal(Patient.PersonID, "Medical/Personal History", "Date of Signed HH Form") < Today()- 365

That's... but there's really so much more as part of this.  Our medical histories completely replaces the Page 2 clipboard health history list of stuff.  We have numerous systems utilizing autolinks that drive all sorts of things during checkin, checkout, opening charts, etc.  Fun times!

jmerhar
Premolar I

I really want to know more about this. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Alex,

If these are custom User Defined Experts created by your practice you may be able to upload them to the Expert Exchange. Your ability to do this is controlled by your license file. I'm tagging robert.angus‌ as he is familiar with the upload process and can assist should you decide to make your practice's experts available to other users. 

Thanks!

Jeremy