cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
Premolar II

Statement Format

Will the format of the statements ever change (or at least become customizable)?  The layout is beyond confusing for our patients (always has been), and the "due date" prints entirely too small - several font sizes smaller than anything else on the payment stub.  If anything should be easily visible (beyond the amount & where to send it), it should be the due date.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Statement Format

I hope so. This is a "passion project" I'd like to work on. When the statement is confusing to the patient it ends up being a call to the office with your time spent trying to explain the balance. Frustrating!

We're sizing up what we can accomplish for the release following 8.1. If it makes the cut for this (or the next) release I will follow up with you directly for input. In the meantime, if you have any ideas or mock ups of what we can change please email me at jeremy.uriz@csdental.com 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Sonya,

Have you investigated our Automated Statements service where you batch your statements and transmit them to Carestream Dental for printing and mailing? The statements do look a bit different than what is printed by PracticeWorks. You can view a sample here:

http://www.carestreamdental.com/ImagesFileShare/.sitecore.media_library.Files.Practice_Management.eS... 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good point jeremy.dempsey

Feedback I've gotten is the Automated Statements are much easier for patients to read.

That said, the practice has to weight out the current cost of sending statements (hours spent by staff printing and mailing) versus the Automated Statement service. Works out great for some offices depending on how many statements are sent each month. 

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar II

That is how we send our statements.  There was a brief period that we printed & mailed in-office, but outside of that, we've been transmitting electronically to PW for as long as we've been on the software (17 years).  And the fact that anything we can reproduce in office is different than what the patient received is part of the problem.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you for the clarification.

And I agree with your assessment. The fact they don't match isn't good.

0 Kudos
dporter1
Canine II

We would love to see a change also.  We have had numerous comments on how confusing the statements are.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Does anyone have an example of a statement format they would prefer? This could include taking an existing PW statement and marking it up with comments. Please email to me at jeremy.uriz@csdental.com 

Thanks!