cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpratt
Canine III

Treatment Plan Estimating

Jump to solution

When creating a treatment plan for cosmetic work, is it possible to select estimating with insurance or without, when a patient has insurance? Something similar to the patient's ledger, when you can select whether to submit a procedure to primary insurance, secondary insurance or not to send at all.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Treatment Plan Estimating

Jump to solution

There are options available to not show estimating information when both viewing and printing the treatment plan from within PracticeWorks.

While viewing the plan within PracticeWorks you have the option to update or clear estimating information at the bottom depending on your needs.

There are also options to update or clear estimating information when printing a treatment plan proposal as well.

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, there are too many things that don't communicate with each other in treatment plans, so you can't rely on your estimate being correct (if you choose to update estimating).  We had to stop entering pre-determination approval amounts, because the software would read that number only, and completely disregard how much the patient actually had remaining in benefits.  Now, we clear the pre-d so it doesn't show as "open".  The problem with this is that the estimating completely ignores the blue book.  For example - patient's plan pays $863 on a crown (according to our blue book), but we cleared his pre-d, so when we "update estimating and print", it shows insurance payment of just over $100 - and I'm pretty sure that number is coming from his secondary plan.....which is an entirely different hairball, depending on the surrounding factors.  This has been going on for years.  I think my most recent case # is 6342538.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I see the case with your Office working with tiffanym‌ on this issue and I see that it was submitted to Development. juriz