cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpratt
Canine III

eForms

Our office is considering using eForms. I would appreciate any advice, pros/cons, issues with setup, etc...

Labels (1)
8 Replies
mbusinelle
Canine III

Re: eForms

following.  we are also interested.  Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Kristy

Here is a link to view the Information on eForms (http://carestreamdental.com/us/en/eservices/eForms#Features and Benefits) . This should answer the majority of your answers.  I do not work with eForms support directly so I'm limited in my answers on my own. However, after going through the information on the webpage, if you have any additional questions, let me know and I'll find the answers for you if I can.

-Johnathan

karen
Premolar I

Hi kpratt‌! I wouldn't recommend it. Our office began using eforms approx. 2 years ago and finally had to turn them off about 6 mo. ago due to a multitude of issues. Initially the issue was with patient's being to log into them from home. We would get many frustrated phone calls from pt.'s not being able to log in because they forgot their password, user name, etc. Then we began having issues with our ipads not connecting in office. So we would would open the ipad to check in a patient only to have a connection error. We checked the server, our ip addresses...ect., ect. all to no avail, so we just shut them off as it was a frustration to our patient's and our front office. So until there is a fix or a better solution, I would not recommend eforms.

0 Kudos
carolyn621
Canine III

Our practice used eforms for a while and experienced less than favorable outcomes  from staff and patients. It has crashed. Although be aware if using the medical history eform every medical condition must be checked either yes or no before the form can be accepted. Patients would rather complete a paper form because it is faster to complete. The iPad has a lag time when selecting the answer which patients do not like; to eliminate any lag time use a computer workstation and  use topaz signature pad rather than the iPad. 

Patients don’t or won’t complete prior to appt. it can take one up to 15-20 minutes to complete eforms. They forget user name and password. 

Maybe we didn’t use the application correctly. Little information on truly how to implement. An instructional video would be great!

i don’t recommend. 

0 Kudos
kpratt
Canine III

Our office has been advised to wait for eForms to be further developed.  Apparently, eForms is not compatible with iOS 11.  We would need to purchase iPads and the new iPads run iOS 11, therefore making eForms inoperable.  Hopefully PracticeWorks will further develop eForms so that it is a benefit for dental offices.

0 Kudos

Hello Kristy kpratt

It just were told today that the eForms app for iPads is now compatible with iOS11. If you'd like to go ahead and install the app on there and start using it, you should be good to go.  If you need assistance getting it set up let me know and I'll have one of our eService techs give you a call.

- Johnathan

0 Kudos
mbusinelle
Canine III

kpratt.  have you started using eforms? do you have any feedback?  i see most of the feedback on this post is that people had much trouble.  is there any new insight to this?

thanks

0 Kudos
kpratt
Canine III

We are not using eForms. At the time when I was inquiring, eForms was not compatible with IOS 11. We decided to go with Solution Reach. We initially had issues, but now we are happy with Solution Reach.

Kristy

0 Kudos