cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marinabaydental
Canine III

how do I perio chart with a partial denture in chart?

Jump to solution

I need to perio chart a patient with a partial denture. The soft tissue charting is not allowing me to chart the teeth she still has existing. How do I fix this? When I check on notes for each tooth there is no entry allowing me to correct it. It looks as though a partial was done on the ledger back in 2009.. I can't correct that with out removing insurance payments, adjustments, etc... am I missing something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: how do I perio chart with a partial denture in chart?

Jump to solution

Hello Jenny

When a denture code is used, the software makes the assumption the teeth are no longer there, thus they do not need periodontal charting.

if the denture seems to be covering teeth that are actually still there then the code on the ledger would need to be removed. 

if the graphic for the denture shows over an entire area, say the entire upper area like this:

chart denture

Then to see the progress notes for that area you need to go to the right where you can select an area instead of individual teeth and right click on the area that's being affected.

chart area selection

You'll be able to view all progress notes here for that area the same way you would an individual tooth. If a code affects an area, it doesn't show up on the individual teeth's progress notes.

But, yes, in order to correct it, If it is a progress note that says "(From ledger)" you would need to remove the code from the ledger completely so it's no longer on the chart.  This will include any needed insurance payments as well to reopen the claim so that code can be edited. If a different code or area pointer should have been used, then adding the code back in and backdating it, and putting in the correct area/tooth identifiers will be needed, and at that point to make sure it's an open claim again and reapply the payment.   If it doesn't say ("From Ledger)" you should be able to edit and remove the progress note.

0 Kudos
bert
Premolar II

Re: how do I perio chart with a partial denture in chart?

Jump to solution

The secret to this working on a partial denture is to mark the missing teeth using the missing teeth button if they are not marked as extracted or missing already.. The denture button when selecting the teeth in the arch for a partial will give you the selection of a partial denture, mark those denture teeth as missing and you will be able to perio chart the remaining teeth that are not missing on that arch.

0 Kudos