There are two ways to generate a report that shows this information. Follow the steps in the Sections below.
Section 1 - Printing the Insured Parties by Ins Co Contact Expert (List of Patient Names with Total Count and [Contact] Option)
Section 2 - Printing the Insured By Insurance Company report (List of Patient Names with Addresses, Sorted by Employer/Plan and by Primary Doctor)
**IMPORTANT: If an insured party is not marked as a patient, the insured party as well as all of the patients falling under them will not show up on these reports. In cases where the office wants to include the the patients falling under these insured parties, the office must install either the Patient List by Employer Plan or the Patient List by Insurance Company Expert from The Expert Exchange. These Experts will still not show insured parties who are not marked as patients, but they will show the patients who fall under them.
Printing the Insured Parties by Ins Co Contact Expert
To use the Insured Parties by Ins Co Contact Expert, follow the steps below.
1. Click Experts.
2. Click Contact Expert.
3. Click User defined.
4. Highlight Insured Parties by Ins Co, and click OK.
5. Click Generate new Contact Expert.
6. Highlight the name of the desired Insurance Company.
7. Click OK. A progress bar will appear while the report is generated, and then the Insured Parties by Ins Co Expert will open.
Printing the Insured By Insurance Company Report
Follow these steps:
1. Click File.
2. Click Print.
3. Click Insurance. For older versions of PracticeWorks, click Other Reports.
4. Click Insured Parties by Insurance Company.
5. If using an older version of PracticeWorks, click Print Report to bring up the criteria screen.
6. Uncheck Print separate reports for (unless separate reports are desired).
7. Check Print combined report for (unless separate reports are preferred).
8. If desired, check Print patients covered by insured parties (this creates a list that shows both the Insured Parties and the covered Patients).
9. Select Print patients for ALL insurance companies to get a list showing everyone who uses every Insurance Company, or Print patients for a specific Insurance Company to get a list of only the people who use a particular Insurance Company.
10. In cases that the Specific Insurance Company option is selected, go to the list at the bottom of the window and click the name of the insurance company that a report is required.
11. Click OK.
12. Print the report by following the prompts.