When deciding what to put on your statements, the most important field to include is Print amount due and date. There are many other options to help you determine what, when, and how to print your statements.
To set up statement defaults, follow these steps:
1. In the PracticeWorks software, click the File menu, and select Preferences > Statement setup. The system prompts you for your initials and password, which you must enter to continue. The Office Wide Statement Setup window is displayed.
2. Check the appropriate boxes in the Should we print area.
3. Check the appropriate boxes in the When to print area.
Note: Doing this results in no statements being sent to a patient if there is an outstanding insurance claim.
4. Check the appropriate boxes in the What to print area.
5. Enter the appropriate information in the Charges to add area.
Note: Because of the way the software handles account aging, you should not select Charge interest on your first statement run.
6. Check the appropriate boxes in the Walkout statement options area. These apply only to walkout statements.
7. When you have finished in the Office Wide Statement Setup window, click OK. You can return to this window any time, before or after your first statement is processed.