Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulcassar
Canine III

Account Balance

Dear Exchange

My R4 system does not give my receptionist a balance due on the Treatment tab for outstanding amount due. Patients usually pay a deposit up front  for treatment which is paid finally on completion of the treatment. However the financial tab only shows a positive balance if prepaid until the work is completed. this has caused many problems in my reception as my receptionist has to get her calculator out to work out a balance due which is very poor and unprofessional. Short of charging for the treatment in full at the beginning of treatment or  adding a unrelated to treatment  fee  my receptionist does not know the balance due on R4

I have spoken to many colleagues who also find this a problem 

is there a solution I am missing?

can Carestream please prioritize this?

Paul Cassar

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
stuarttitmuss
Canine III

Re: Account Balance

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately there is no option for R4 to display 'balance due' before a charge has been applied.

Like you have said, when your patient makes an advanced payment it will show a positive balance on their financial tab. You should find when you complete the treatment it will apply a charge to the patient's account. This will take into account any positive balance & will leave you with a debt on the patient's account that is due for them to pay.

I would suggest that completing treatment before taking your final payment is the easiest way for your receptionist to identify how much they have left to pay without getting out their calculator.

If you'd like to make a suggestion for a feature to be added, then please make a post in the Ideas section:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/community/R4/pages/ideas 

Regards,

Stuart

paulcassar
Canine III

Dear Stuart

As you may be aware many treatments can take some weeks or months to complete and patients may pay at each visit which still does not help my receptionist when asked how much do I owe!

I will post this request as you suggest but believe me I have been asking Carestraam to look at this for many years now. I was once told that it was sensible and easy to apply and would be actioned by the development team two years ago!!!

thank you for your reply

Paul

kayj139
Canine III

Totally agree with you Paul, the financial screen is a nightmare, so confusing for us receptionists/practice managers

Kay

0 Kudos
paulcassar
Canine III

Thanks Kay

We have just seen the problem again today while training a new receptionist who used to work with Exact

the account Balance would resolve a load of problems I cannot understand why such a fundamental simple calculation cannot be added!

Paul

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Paul / Kay,

Thank you both for your feedback, we do have an existing customer suggestion logged for displaying the patients projected oustanding balance which I believe would assist your staff in understanding what the patient should pay. I will feed back to my colleagues that this issue is causing you both a problem. For your reference our ID for this suggestion is:

US35606

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Paul / Kay,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on this suggestion, it is being included in the version update that is currently being developed. So this functionality will be available to all CS R4+ customers in the near future, thank you for your feedback regarding this. It was the most 'liked' R4+ suggestion on the Exchange which has added the necessary weight to include it. Once again our customers spoke and we listened.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos