cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background colour

Hi

I am trying to change the background colour for a particular clinician. We use colours to differentiate hygienists from other  clinical activity. A clinician has been set up with a new work pattern and future clinic dates are shown in blue. Once appointments are made, they diary on the day changes from blue to pink. However, the multi diary view shows the sessions in blue ( when we want pink).

Please explain how I can change the colour.

many thanks

Richard

Labels (1)
10 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Background colour

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your question, the only reason I can think of that an appointment in the multi book view would look different to the single book view is if the appointment has been clicked on which highlights it blue. Can you try clicking on an empty slot and see if the appointment shows in pink?

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos

Hello Jon,

Many thanks for your reply.

I may not have explained things well... I mean that a new cycle of sessions has been set up and the wrong colour selected. These now appear as blue when I need them to be pink. Can I change the colour or do I need to cancel the entire cycle and begin again? If I can change the colour, please explain the process. 

Many thanks

Richard

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Richard,

Thank you for the clarification, I don't believe this will be related to the new cycle that has been set up. Has a new session type been created for this cycle? I suspect it is the session type that is the wrong colour.

To change the session type colour from the appointment book go to:

1. View.

2. Session Types.

3. Click on the Session Type that needs changing.

4. Click Edit.

5. Set the correct colour.

6. Click Apply - OK.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos

Thanks Jon

No new session type has been set up. It should be the same session type as our other ‘hygiene’ sessions (all pink). It is currently blue which is what we use for a normal general dentistry session.

But attempting to change the colour using the session type results in all the normal general dentistry sessions from blue(correct) to pink (although hygiene change to pink as well).

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Richard

0 Kudos

Hello Jon,

Just occurred to me that a screen shot may be useful: if you look at the right hand side of the screen, the sessons in pink are correct. The sessions is the lighter blue are what I am trying to change. In the left hand pane, with the appointment times, these show the same colour blue from 14/6 but change to pink when a new appointment is added.

So in summary, on the right hand pane, June 7th is correct as are other days showing pink . But the ones in light blue from June 14th, are incorrect.

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Richard,

Thanks for checking, it sounds to me like there may be a duplicate session type which is causing this issue as you say that when you change the colour of the session type it changes all of the general dentistry ones (which it shouldn't).

Could you check 2 more things for me, first of all make sure there is not a duplicate session type in the list that the new cycle has been set too.

Secondly could you make sure that the appointment book is set to colour by session type, you can do this by following the below instructions.

1. From the Main Menu of CS R4+ click on Edit.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Click on the User tab (it should default to this).

4. Under the heading of Appointment Book Colours make sure Colour Appointments using Scheme Colour is selected.

It is worth noting that the above is a user preference, so each user could potentially have this set up differently.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos

Thanks for this Jon,

Re Duplicate Sessions Type – all seems ok here, no duplicate type that I can see.

Re Appointments are set to be coloured by appointment colours. But I have neve changed this and all users are seeing the same colours I’ve described to you.

Regards

Richard

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Richard,

For some reason I can't view the screen shots, could you email them to me at jonathan.barton@csdental.com and I will have a look.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sending the screen shots through, the session type used on the new cycle is different to the one on the old cycle, all you need to do is follow the instructions below to correct it.

1. In the Appointment Book click on View.

2. Click on Default Opening Hours.

3. Select the new cycle in the cycle drop down box at the top.

4. For each slot under 'type' change the value from 'Normal' to 'Hygiene'.

5. once all the 'Normal' values have been changed to 'Hygiene' click Apply and OK.

Once the above steps have been followed you should see the Appointment Book background show as pink for that user.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos