cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillclock
Canine II

Deleting Patients

When a patient leaves the Practice we 'Archive' the patients file. Under new GDPR, is there a way to delete a patients file if they request all their personal information to be deleted. Also, is there a way to find out which archived files are over 11 years old as we do not need to keep after this time. Under GDPR you have to be able to tell what you will do with their information after the 11 years etc 

Any help appreciated 

2 Replies
paulliano
Canine III

Re: Deleting Patients

From my understanding as medical records we are legally required to keep the records and the right to delete does not apply.

Rightly after 11years they can be deleted and I believe they actually should be? I have been advised at a recent course that I should destroy all my really old paper records I have stored in the loft! Apparently if I keep them I have to inform people why & have justication and a policy for keeping these safe! Can anyone with better knowledge please correct me if I’m wrong?

The question about deleting R4 records over 11years old, I think this is now really valid & would like to know if this possible also, rather than just archiving?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Deleting Patients

Dear Dianne,

Thank you for your question, there is a post that has been created to answer GDPR related questions at the link below. If you can't find the answer to your question please email privacy@csdental.com and our Data Protection Officer will respond to you directly.

https://community.carestreamdental.com/thread/2829-gdpr-common-questions-for-cs-r4

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos