cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillclock
Canine II

E-Signatures

Jump to solution

I have not long started using the Wacom E-Signature pad. We ask the patient to sign in on it, sign medicals and treatment plan on it too and also sign out. Does anyone know if we can get just one initial signature when they come in  and this signature will also go onto any treatment plan and medical too to save time at the front reception desk, we only use the one pad and its a busy practice so we now have a queue forming due to each separate signature needing done instead of one at the start. Also, a lot of our patients are elderly and asking them to sign again and again is not sitting too well with some of them.  

Labels (1)
2 Replies
ashleighcole
Canine II

Re: E-Signatures

Jump to solution

Hello Dianne,

Unfortunately the patient will have to sign the documents each time they attend, there is no way in which the signature can be saved and then re-used again the next time.

Kind regards,

Ashleigh

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: E-Signatures

Jump to solution

Hello Dianne,

Thank you for your question and just to expand on my colleague Ashleigh's post above, from a legal point of view it is important that the patient physically signs each document and also that they can see on screen what they are signing. This is why we display the full Yes/No answers for all medical questions (I know not all solutions do this). If there was a reason a patient disputed that they signed a document, you can be safe in the knowledge that the eSignature solution meets the important legal requirements set out for electronic signature solutions.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Kind Regards

Jon