cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lg1964
Canine II

E Signatures

Just had the new pads installed today and was wondering when other forms and consents will be able to be uploaded to the system , ie   crown/bridge/ veneer /whitening/extraction/rct  etc ?

12 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: E Signatures

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for your question, we are aware that we need to do some additional development with the eSignature solution such as additional consent forms and it is absolutely something we are planning to do for a future release. As it stands I do not have any further details such as an ETA, but feel free to check back to see if we have any updates.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards

Jon

samir
Canine II

Dear Jonathon 

We have had E-signatures from when they were first introduced roughly 3 years ago and we requested this functionality at the time. A lot of the other dental practice management software allow this and it is a reasonably  simple feature to implement. An ETA would be useful considering the amount of time already since they were introduced otherwise you get the impression that its never going to happen.  The original marketing of e-signatures included that your patients would be able to complete Medical Histories at home and they would be updated on R4 automatically. Again this has not happened. Also it would be useful if the patients could actually update their medicals on a tablet and then sign rather than us having to input the medical. Any idea if these original aims will appear and when ?

Kind Regards 

Samir

kayj139
Canine III

Hi Samir, it sounds like the e-signatures are not all they were promised to be! We were promised them in 2014, and still no sign of them here in Wales!

0 Kudos
paulliano
Canine III

Other consent forms are a “must” for the e-signiature tablets. I think it would be good to post this in the ideas section for developement and also greater exposure for the idea.

E-signatures also would seem a perfect fit to get validated consent and compliance for GDPR?

kayj139
Canine III

Wondering when we will be getting the e-signatures here in Wales?

Software of Excellence have the signature pads which cover several forms!!!

Can you explain why we still haven't got them?

It was something to do with the Welsh Government last time I asked, but as SOE have signature tablets in Wales, what's the excuse now?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Kay,

Thank you for your question, we have recently been provided with the electronic version of the Welsh PR Form, we hope to have this in a CS R4+ version update this year, but unfortunately I can't confirm an ETA for this currently. It is possible for Welsh customers to purchase the eSignatures and currently sign both Medical Questionnaires and Treatment Plans, then once the work for the Welsh PR Forms is complete these would be available as well.

Thank you for your continued patience with this, once I have a further update I will provide it.

Kind Regards

Jon

paulliano
Canine III

I’m sorry John, I realise it must be more complex than I imagine but can you explain why it’s not simply possible to have user defined forms edited in Word that can have an e-signature attached? This would solve all your development issues as we would do the work & make e-signiatures what it should be; ie: a patient agreeing to a practice policy on a signed form. A “one form for all” probably doesn’t exist for treatment consent etc! Or is this the real problem with giving a rough ETA or will this happen one day?

0 Kudos
lg1964
Canine II

Just what we thought the system would be set up for

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Paul / Lawrence,

The Analysis and Design team of which I am a member is currently undertaking research as to what we can do to improve the eSignature solution, so wheels are in motion for improvements. The research will include taking the feedback from the Exchange, customer visits (which are currently in progress) and feedback gathered at the Dentistry Trade Show which takes place in a couple of weeks time. Once we have completed the research we will work with the Development team on how and when we can implement these improvements. I totally understand your frustration but please bare with us and you will see future improvements to the eSignature solution.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos