cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmed.abdulhadi
Canine II

Enable Messages

Hi,

How to enable messages between users in R4 ( Chat )  ?

3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Enable Messages

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for your question, the chat functionality requires the messaging server to be running on the CS R4+ Server machine.

This requires the CS R4+ Server to be logged into Windows and the PWMsgSrvInstance.exe and PWMessagingServer.exe processes to be running.

If the above processes are running, when the user logs into CS R4+ and clicks on the chat option it should automatically connect and show every other user that is currently logged in.

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

ahmed.abdulhadi
Canine II

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks , you have been very helpful .

The file ( PWMessagingServer.exe) runs smoothly but the other file (PWMsgSrvInstant.exe) when i run it it gives me a message says : "cannot set database definition as no database name was specified ", and when i open the R4 and press the chat tap it runs normally and the user is online , but that was just because i have logged in R4 from the server which has the messaging server , if i logged in any other client and open the chat it gives me a message says " CS R4 Clinical + is unable to connect or has been disconnected from the messaging server " .

I am stuck here , please help .

Thanks .

Ahmed

jonbarton

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Ahmed,

Sorry for the slow reply I have been out of the office for a few days.

Can you try rebooting the R4+ server and see if the 2 processes start.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos