cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhen
Canine III

How do i reprint an outstanding invoice in R4

In R4, how do I reprint an invoice, say if the patient lost it and requests another copy before they pay it.  When I go to financial tab and highlight the red outstanding invoice by clicking on the entry and then hit the invoice button all I get is a invoice at £0.00 amount.  Not a reprint of the one I want.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
stuarttitmuss
Canine III

Re: How do i reprint an outstanding invoice in R4

Hello Denise,

Unfortunately the invoice option only works for transactions that have taken place today. If you wish to reprint old transactions then you can use the 'Print' button in the bottom right

Hope this helps,

Stuart

0 Kudos
dhen
Canine III

Hi Stuart, yeah but that doesn't give me another invoice in the proper template as such.  It just prints outs details as a basic excel spreadsheet which doesn't look as professional. 

0 Kudos
stuarttitmuss
Canine III

Hi Denise,

I understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately it is not possible to reprint an old invoice within R4.

If you think this feature would be a helpful addition to the software, then please make a suggestion here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/community/R4/pages/ideas 

Regards,

Stuart

0 Kudos
dhen
Canine III

?Thanks, just submitted it.

Denise Hender

Practice Manager

Ipswich Orthodontic Centre, 72 Berners Street, Ipswich, IP1 3LU

Tel: 01473 255399

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Denise,

My colleague Stuart is correct it is not possible to reprint an invoice and thank you for logging it as an idea, I have been having a think about whether there is a workaround that could be provided to you. It would be possible to create a letter template that would be available to print for the patient from their Comms Tab which could be very similar to the invoice, but it would have the patients outstanding balance on it (rather than the 'todays' balance that the invoice has). Would this be useful to you to assist you with providing the patient an alternative to the invoice?

Kind Regards

Jon Barton

dhen
Canine III

?Hi, yes it would if thats possible. At least we have then a quick way of giving them a copy of the invoice.

Is that a jump on the pc job?

Denise Hender

Practice Manager

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Denise,

I should be able to guide you through it, the largest part is creating the content of the letter which I will leave mainly to you, the below instructions show where to create the template and which merge field to use.

1. From the Main Menu of R4 click on [Doc Mgr].

2. Under the heading 'Flexible Templates' click on the + next to 'Patient Templates' then click on the + next to 'Accounts'.

3. Single left click on the folder called 'Accounts' so it is highlighted in blue.

4. Click on [New Template].

5. Type in a name for the template.

6. A blank word template will load, type in the body of the text and add the merge fields necessary to create the majority of the letter. (Merge fields are added by clicking on [Add-Ins] - [Insert CS R4 Clinical+ Field]).

7. The merge field to get the patients outstanding account balance is under the heading 'Patient Information' - 'Other Information' and is called 'Balance'.

8. Once you are happy with the formatting and content of the letter save it and close it.

9. To print the letter go to the patients 'Comms' tab.

10. Click on [Template Letter].

11. Under the heading of Letters, click on the + next to 'Accounts' then select the letter that you created and click [OK].

Hope the above helps, if you have any problems following the above please let me know.

Kind Regards

Jon

Canine II

Hello Denise,

If the first invoice was originally opened from the Patient's Financial Tab then there will be a copy of it in the Comms Tab, then all you need to do is double click the entry in the Letters/Other Communications window and it will open up in Word from where it can be re-printed.

Kind regards

Alison

dhen
Canine III

?omg thank you so much. I had heard from a colleague of yours before who wasn't aware of this so may be worth spreading the answer.

Thanks again

Denise Hender

Practice Manager