cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayj139
Canine III

Mark all codes as expired

Hi

We have different patient schemes that do not require treatment codes, as we use them to mark patients as bad debtors etc.

How can I delete all the treatment codes for that scheme? Or mark them as expired, without going into each code to edit it individually.  Is there a way of doing it on mass?

Thanks

Kay

3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Mark all codes as expired

Dear Kay,

Thank you for your question, unfortunately it is a case of deleting/expiring each code individually, the reasoning behind this is a 'delete all codes' button could be quite dangerous if a user accidently deleted all codes from a scheme.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
roeser
Canine II

For accounts that are risky or bad paying patients I add a user code of $.  I then add that to each patient on the account in bulk.  I am not aware of how to mark multiple accounts at one time.  The user code "C" is used in softdent for accounts sent to collection.  Hope this helps you out.

Teri

0 Kudos

If you just want to have a scheme that can be used to identify bad debtors then you could always create a new scheme in Clinical Administration and not add/create any treatment codes.

Alternatively there is an option with CS R4 to mark a patient as a bad debtor from within the patient's record ( Options => Bad Debtor).  Please be aware that if you use this option it will zero the patient's balance but it will also add a specific marker to the patient's record so that they can be easily identified.

Regards

Stephen