cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portmanr4
Canine II

R4

If I rewrite the R4 codes with new ones ie 001 to 3001

Can I still continue to find information on reports for old codes? ie financial or future appointments?

Can I lock codes so nobody has access?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
stuarttitmuss
Canine III

Re: R4

Hello Jackie,

When you change a code number from 001 to 3001 for example, all the codes put on with the ID 001 will retain this number. You can then run a  report on this old code number & it will return the correct results. Codes added on to patients before the number change will keep their old code number.

The only way to stop people from using codes would be to remove them from the system. Codes cannot be restricted on a per user basis

Regards,

Stuart

portmanr4
Canine II

Thank you Stuart

if I remove the codes from the system will they still show up in financial reports etc?  

Basically if we rewrite all the R4 codes can we still access old codes for invoices other reports etc? 

0 Kudos
stuarttitmuss
Canine III

Hello Jackie,

When you remove a code it will only remove it from future use. This will mean any instance it has been used for in the past will still be visible, this includes any reports that you run in the future.

The same can be said for when you change code numbers, it will only affect future uses of the code. You will still be able to gain data on the old code number after you have changed it.

Regards,

Stuart