cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morriswoodyman
Canine III

Searching for patients in R4 using the patient code.

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me why if I search for a patient using their complete 7 figure code I get 10 or more patients come up? We are having to use patient codes when emailing details as part of the GDPR regs and it's very frustrating to have to work through the list of patients in the search screen to find the one we want. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sleightpa
Canine II

Re: Searching for patients in R4 using the patient code.

Jump to solution

Hello Mark

This is the way that the 'search by patient code' works is to search through the database and then stop when it reaches the number that it is looking for.

Once the search stops it displays the record that was searched for followed by the records that follow until the Search screen is full.

As long as you have the list sorted by 'Code', which you can do by clicking on the word 'Code' at the top of the list then the record that they searched for will always be at the top.

Is it possible you can search by name? this will not cause the same issue.

morriswoodyman
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thanks Paula for the explanation, still seems a bit unnecessary that R4 insists on adding patients just to fill the screen. We have to use the patient codes when communicating by email within the practice as part of the owner's GDPR policy. 

Mark

0 Kudos
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hello Mark

Another method you might like to try is to use the Clear button, bottom right on the Personal Tab in the Patient's Record.  This will then allow you to type the patient code and it will find the patient you are looking for directly.

Kind regards

Alison