cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notley
Canine II

Till Screen Payments Options

Hello,

We use R4 Clinical+. When taking payment from patients by card there are only two card options, Credit and Debit cards. As most practices use the same merchant bank for these services there is no great advantage in having Credit and Debit Card payments separated. I would suggest that the Debit Card option is changed to Amex as this is normally a payment facility where a different merchant provider is needed and where we receive dedicated statements.

I was given the suggestion to create a script and put it into the dropdown option together with BACS. Recently the BACS payment option was added to the till screen which was a great idea however when preparing your accounts in the breakdown screen these payments are added to something called 'Other payments'. I don't feel this is very helpful as the breakdown screen should be as itemised as possible making our accounting life easier.

As patients now how many different ways in how they want to pay our software should be versatile rather than adding things together into 'other payments'. I look forward to your thoughts.

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Till Screen Payments Options

Dear Mete,

Thank you for your post, you are quite correct in saying that any new payment types that are added in via an SQL script would automatically be recorded under 'Other Payments'. There is another setting that is not turned on by default, which is to record Payment Card Types for debit and credit cards. If this setting is turned on it allows you to customise the card types that fall under credit and debit cards (and select the appropriate one when a payment is put through), you may be able to tweak this to make the financial systems fit your needs a bit better.

To access this setting follow the below instructions:

1. From the main menu of CS R4+ click on [Edit].

2. In the edit menu click on [Settings].

3. In the Settings screen click on [System 1].

4. In System 1 settings click on [Financial Settings].

5. In the Financial Settings screen tick the box for 'Record Payment Card Type'.

6. To customise the card types click on the button called [Payment Card Types].

I hope you find the above information useful.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
notley
Canine II

Jonathan,

Thank you for the tip, I don't think I would have been able to find that myself. The follow on question will be how we can get the breakdown between the cards to reflect in the 'Financial Report' > Breakdown. Currently all the card types will be added to 'Credit Cards' whereas when reconciling accounts it is helpful if they are separated as Amex is a different merchant provider than Visa.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Mete

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Mete,

Thank you for your reply, unfoertunately the breakdown is only between Credit Card and Debit Card, not sure if this would work for you, but you could put just your Amex option in Credit Card and your other options in Debit Card (that is assuming there are just 2 merchant providers.) Other than this the only thing I can suggest is to log an idea for development at the below link so that other users can comment and vote on it.

https://community.carestreamdental.com/community/R4/pages/ideas 

Kind Regards

Jon