cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aneebos
Canine II

opening R4,

When I click on the R4 icon to open up to get the sign on screen I get the following message which I OK then it appears again and once again I ok. After this is opens up to the box to allow me to log in. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashleighcole
Canine II

Re: opening R4,

Hello Annibale,

This error is in regards to a specific folder not having full permissions for you to access. To clear these errors please follow the instructions below:

1. Go onto your main server PC

2. Click onto Start, then Computer and open up the (CSmiley Happy drive

3. Within this drive there will be a folder called Sys2Data (if this folder is not in this drive then you might have another drive called (DSmiley Happy go into there and continue to follow the steps), right click on this folder and select Properties

4. Click onto the Security tab at the top and then click Advanced at the bottom

5. Click Change Permissions..., click Add... and type in Everyone, click Check Names and then click OK

6. A new window will appear, click onto the tick box Allow for the top option Full Control then press OK

7. Tick the option Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object

8. Press Apply and OK (this will then bring up a seperate window going through all of the files within this folder, it can take several minutes to change)

9. Then press OK to the rest of the open windows and test R4 again

If you still have the same problem please contact me on 0845 230 2451 Option 1.

Kind regards,

Ashleigh

aneebos
Canine II

Re: opening R4,

Thanks Ashleigh

Annibale

Coia & Associates Dental Care

7 Partick Bridge Street

Glasgow

G11 6PN

T 0141 339 5343