cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillclock
Canine III

Clear Old Rejections

Can anyone advise, if, I can clear the old rejections already dealt with so I just have current ones to see 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Clear Old Rejections

Hello,

Thank you for your question, normally I would expect rejected claims to have been corrected and resubmitted which would move them out of the rejected status. But as you say these are 'old' claims, does that mean they are outside of the period to be paid so you are not going to resubmit them? If so I cannot think of a reason not to delete them, to clear them out of the rejected status.

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
hillclock
Canine III

Its claims that have been dealt with via 283 mainly so they don't clear and I cant seem to find a delete option    

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

It should just be a case of setting them to the 'not ready' status and then selecting the Delete option.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
hillclock
Canine III

Ah, I don't want to do that as will that not delete the whole claim from our records - I thought there was maybe an option to just clear the rejection list but not delete off the claim which shows the part payment  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

Just to clarify, deleting the claim just moves it to a status called 'deleted', you can still view the claim and retrieve it or even resubmit it if necessary.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
hillclock
Canine III

Yes I agree with that, but, if the dentist goes in to check on a certain claim and it states 'deleted' I think that's when confusion will set in - claim has not been actually been deleted but was part paid, queried, then either remainder paid or not, whichever the case may be, so, changing to deleted not really an option 

I wanted to know if I could clear the rejection list alone, like your recycle bin  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

From the point of view of what a user can do in CS R4+ 'Deleting' the claims would be the only option. It may be possible for support to aid you in writing some SQL Scripts to move the claims from the rejected status to the settled status. Feel free to contact support to explore this option, or provide me with your contact details and I will ask support to contact you.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos