cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Day lists for fire (drill) purposes

It became apparent today when conducting a fire drill that when you print off the day lists , they do not show whether patients are waiting/ in surgery etc. I spoke to somebody on the phone who confirmed the only way of viewing this is by looking at the traffic lights, but this cannot be printed off. This would be helpful in the event of a fire, for knowing exactly who is in the building?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Day lists for fire (drill) purposes

Hi,

Although you cannot print the Waiting List, you can take a screenshot which can then be printed.  This could then be used for fire drill purposes.

Regards

Stephen

Highlighted
Canine II

I don't believe we are allowed to use our mobiles to do this (assuming this is what you mean?) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I was referring to taking a screenshot on the PC itself.  Most keyboards have a Print Screen (or PRT SC) button along the top row which when pressed takes a screenshot of the current screen.  This can then be opened in MS Paint (which is a default program that is installed with Windows) and printed from there.

I appreciate that this seems long winded but it would not take any longer than printing a day list in R4.

Although this may be a safe option for a fire drill, in the event of a real fire, printing a screenshot or even printing daylists may not be safe.

0 Kudos
Canine II

Than you for your reply. I had considered the safety of printing lists being an issue in an emergency, however, as we are not able to have paper copies lying around anywhere, this would be the only way of knowing who to account for. I will investigate further elsewhere as to what would be the solution.

0 Kudos