cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillclock
Canine III

E-Signatures

Jump to solution

I have not long started using the Wacom E-Signature pad. We ask the patient to sign in on it, sign medicals and treatment plan on it too and also sign out. Does anyone know if we can get just one initial signature when they come in  and this signature will also go onto any treatment plan and medical too to save time at the front reception desk, we only use the one pad and its a busy practice so we now have a queue forming due to each separate signature needing done instead of one at the start. Also, a lot of our patients are elderly and asking them to sign again and again is not sitting too well with some of them.  

Labels (1)
8 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: E-Signatures

Jump to solution

Hello Dianne,

Unfortunately the patient will have to sign the documents each time they attend, there is no way in which the signature can be saved and then re-used again the next time.

Kind regards,

Ashleigh

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Dianne,

Thank you for your question and just to expand on my colleague Ashleigh's post above, from a legal point of view it is important that the patient physically signs each document and also that they can see on screen what they are signing. This is why we display the full Yes/No answers for all medical questions (I know not all solutions do this). If there was a reason a patient disputed that they signed a document, you can be safe in the knowledge that the eSignature solution meets the important legal requirements set out for electronic signature solutions.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Kind Regards

Jon

kayj139
Canine III

Jump to solution

When will we be able to sign the FP17PRWe forms here in Wales.

Are the equivalent forms available to be signed in England or are these forms unavailable for e-signatures full-stop?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for the question, just to clarify the NHS PR Forms are currently available to sign in England and Scotland and will be available in Wales in the next full version release towards the end of the year.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kayj139
Canine III

Jump to solution

Wicked!

Thanks Jon

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

It is probably worth me mentioning as well that the same release that the Welsh PR form compatibility is included in will have a number of other eSignature improvements. The one that we are most excited about is the ability to create your own eSignature forms for patients to sign, I suspect that most practices will be keen to create treatment consent forms for items such as implants and extractions. But we didn't want to stop there so we have given total freedom to create any forms that you want for patients to sign!

kayj139
Canine III

Jump to solution

Hi Jon

Just a thought, but when the patient signs their treatment plan on the e-pad, could there be a button to be able to print it from that particular screen?

Thanks

Kay

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Kay,

There should already be a print button in the bottom left of that screen which becomes available once the patient has signed the form.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos