cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrismitchell

England Triage Claims -  CS R4+ Status

Jump to solution

NHS England has recently communicated to practices that it will enable the transmission of triage claims from within your practice management software from the 1st December 2020. We have been working with the BSA to implement the changes within R4+ and are currently engaging in final testing, it is important to note that this is not a mandatory update that needs installing urgently, the ability to track triage claims will continue to be accessible within Compass.

Supporting files attached full document to be shared in the coming week.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Further information 

chrismitchell_0-1606833705020.png

View solution in original post

stephen_skelton

In preparation for the upcoming release of CS R4+ v8.1.3, a handout has been produced to help practices submit Triage Reporting data though CS R4+.

The feature is only available to NHS sites in England.

The handout can be downloaded here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/R4-Documentation/Submitting-Triage-Reporting-Data-using-CS...

0 Kudos

I have just had a conversation with BSA and they have taken away the option for Face-To-Face on compass. Any ideas how to proceed with submissions ? 

0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

We have implemented this into our latest release version 8.1.3 

Please can you confirm if this functionality has been taken away? 

It is our understanding from the BSA that the method via compass has not been removed and users can continue to send until they have installed the correct R4+ version.

Thank 

Chris 

0 Kudos

Face-to-face option has been taken away and replaced with, 

Face to Face Appointment Arranged Within Practice But Patient Failed to Attend. 

0 Kudos

Thank you, I have miss interpreted this.

Please could you private message me your contact details and i will call you and get an understanding of what will need to be changed.

Many Thanks 

Chris 

0 Kudos

I have sent you my information. 

0 Kudos

Hi, Ive just spoken to yourselves at R4. I have been advised that you are rolling out the update but have no idea when we will be able to download it to include the triage claims, until we are able to do so, this is going to make more work for the dentists and staff at the practice in such trying times. Can you please help!

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thank you for your message. 

For England we recently released R4+ 8.1.3 to provide the ability to send triage information to the BSA, subsequent to this release NHS England announced a fee update for 14th December.

To ensure we provide the mandatory fee update on time and provide the necessary help we will temporarily hold back the R4+ 8.1.3 deployment until Monday 7th December.

Triage information can continued to be sent to the BSA via compass. We apologise for this slight delay.

Matt

0 Kudos
So how do we record a "face to face " appointment booked when there is no box to tick when opening up a band 6
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

Please see below extract from the BSA as long as an FP17 claim is submitted there is not longer a need to record a face to face appointment.

chrismitchell_0-1607423627595.png

Many Thanks 

Chris

Yes but what about where the dentist triage's the patient and doesn't want to open an FP17 form because that patient is booked in to be seen with another dentist ?How does the triaging dentist claim a patient contact?
0 Kudos

As we implement these changes to requirements stated from the BSA, in this instance we would advise contacting your area Commissioner for the correct process.

Many thanks 

Chris

0 Kudos
Hi, thanks for the reply. But in the meantime how do we chart a face to face appointments booked, if now the only option says Face to Face Appointment Arranged Within Practice But Patient Failed to Attend?
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see the answer to this on another post linked at the top of the forum:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/R4/England-Triage-Claims-CS-R4-Status/td-p/19984

Many Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos

Further information 

chrismitchell_0-1606833705020.png