cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

How to Edit a Template in R4

In response to a number of calls that are made to the support desk regarding editing templates in R4, the attached guide goes through the process step by step.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
vicWeller
Canine II

Re: How to Edit a Template in R4

Quite don't get it, why not to keep all the templates in the pdf format instead of converting them to different extensions in order to do a 5-minute long job of editing text. You're a mod, you could know it better, why doesn't R4 has an editing tool built-in like something in this fashion edit-pdf.pdffiller.com/ Not this slow and laggy from time to time, sure, but nevertheless, it would be convenient to have something own to use instead of doing the file conversion in order to edit it

0 Kudos
kayj139
Canine III

Hi everyone

We have just had the e-signature pads installed.  Yay!!

We are getting used to how things work, but I am wondering - Is there a way for me to add to, the template used for the private treatment plan.

As the patient keeps a copy for their records, we think it would look more professional if it had our letter heading at the top like the previous version.  We also need to add a few other lines explaining out DNA policy too.

I have tried looking for the possible template in documents manager but without success so far.

It would also be very helpful if when the patient signed the e-pad, as well as saving the document there was an option to print too from the e-pad screen.

Thanks

Kay

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi,

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking in relation to the templates in R4.  We do not convert our templates into different extensions in order to edit the text.

All of the letter templates are stored in MS Word format and any editing is carried out using MS Word.  The SMS and email templates are stored in plain text format and editing is carried out using a simple text editor.

All of our templates make use of customer merge fields so that specific patient or practice information can be inserted into the documents prior to them being generated.  If the documents were stored in pdf format it would make it more difficult to insert this information every time that a document was used.

If this doesn't answer your question then please let me know.

Regards

Stephen

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi,

There is currently no way to edit the private treatment plan that is displayed on the signature pad, however we are investigating making improvements to eSignatures in the future.

Regarding printing the signed treatment plan, it is possible print the form once it has been signed by the patient.  When the treatment plan is displayed on the signature pad, if you look in the bottom right-hand corner there is a Print button so as long as a printer has been set up on the computer the document can be printed.  In addition, there is also an Email button so if the patient has an email address stored in R4 then the document can be emailed to them once they have signed it.

Regards

Stephen

hkaranam
Canine II

Can we insert tables  like in word document in templates? We do have many assessments to be documented. Though we are configuring the templates in notes, we cannot really pull up / draw a table with check boxes  and or drop down options.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
hkaranam
Canine II

Looking forward for a response please
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your question, if you mean the MS Word templates that this training guide refers to then yes you can insert tables in the usual way in MS Word.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos