cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron
Canine II

Office 365 Integration

Is any development work underway for the integration between R4 and Office 365? (desktop version)

I'm asking as while this is not currently supported it works on 95% of the pc's we work with (I work for an IT company who primarily support the dental industry.

The main worry here is that most of our clients (and probably thousands around the country) are currently or very shortly moving away from Windows7 and Server2008\SBS2011 environments to Windows10 and a newer server o\s whilst also moving to Office365 so the problem is more likely to get worse in the coming months.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Office 365 Integration

@sleightpa or @matthewbridge do you know? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi,

I have spoken to our development department and we are hopeful this is something we can integrate fully in the future but no time frame given.

Our software only supports 32-bit versions of office and this is where the issue is coming from.

Kind Regards

Matt

lukemx
Canine III

Why would you move to Office 365? Office 2010 is still doing fine. What I am trying to say is that 10 years later, Office package is supported (for another year). So if you buy Office 2019 now, you have another happy 10+ years and long term it will cost less than Office 365.

Microsoft's argument is that you get new features with Office 365, whereas your 2019 is not getting updated, but to be honest - how many receptionist, dental nurses and dentists need all the bells and whistles? 

If it wasn't for Carestream to "require" MS Office, you could do with a free of charge packages. But I understand why CS needs MS Office, same why why they need IE for Springboard. And I can see why CS would not be able to make R4+ fully compatible with Office 365...

BTW - during last summit (1st Nov) all workshops were run on W10 and Office 365. Not sure if it is because of R4+ v7...

0 Kudos