cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

Preferred Communication Method

There is an issue with Preferred Communication Method - if we do not use CS text provider, this option is greyed out...

Capture.PNG

Can you make this option available even if we use external text providers?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Preferred Communication Method

@jonbarton - Are you able to respond to this post?

There is an issue with Preferred Communication Method - if we do not use CS text provider, this option is greyed out...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

The only reason I can think of that the 'SMS' preferred communication option would be greyed out is if SMS is not enabled (which might be the case with a non Carestream Dental approved partner). 

My suggestion would be to log an 'idea' for development to consider making a change to make this option available when 'SMS' is not enabled, however this would have a negative impact on any customer that does not use 'SMS'. As they could 'accidentally' set a patients preferred communication type too 'SMS' which would mean the patient would not receive any communications.

Kind Regards

Jon

Highlighted
Canine III

Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

From my point of view, at the moment I have no way to set up communication method correctly at all. So I guess, stopping some from setting it correctly, because others may set it up incorrectly - a bit of catch 22... however I cannot see this being a valid reason. You have hundreds of options available throughout R4, and you not stopping us to use them because we may pick a wrong item from the list ;). I hope you see where I am coming from.

0 Kudos