cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

Problem with newly installed CS imaging software

Jump to solution

Hi I have just converted my radiographic images to CS Imaging software and we use a Acteon PsPix2 intra-oral scanner for the radiographs. There is a twain driver that it uses to capture the image. 

The problem we have is that CS Imaging closes the twain driver immediately after one image is captured. Since our scanner is located in a different part of the practice it is very difficult for the nurse to put 2-3 plates through the scanner one after the other as she needs to return back to the software to reactivate the driver to scan the next image. 

This did not happen with our previous imaging software using the same driver. I have contacted support who have not been very helpful at all blaming the driver for this problem. I have contacted Acteon and they have said its nothing to do with the driver as the imaging software decides when to open and close the driver which does make sense.

Can someone at carestream actually help me with this as ist going to be practically impossible to work like this and I am sure there must be others with similar configuartions. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Problem with newly installed CS imaging software

Jump to solution

Good Morning Samir,

This is Michael who you spoke with Friday afternoon, I wanted to just place an answer here to reply to your message and to provide the answer to others which may have the same question.

CS Imaging has to use TWAIN to communicate with 3rd party devices - TWAIN is an open standard aimed at standardising communication between image handling software and hardware.

The service desk have since tested this 3rd party software with Twacker, a test tool provided by the TWAIN Working Group, with the same issue you reported occurred within this testing tool. This shows that the issue is not specific to the CS Imaging software and therefore Acteon will need to perform investigation into their TWAIN implementation to see why it is closing after a single image is taken rather than allowing multiple images.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to be in contact with us either here on the Exchange or at the service desk.

Kind Regards,

Mike Whiting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Canine II

Jump to solution

Good Morning Samir,

This is Michael who you spoke with Friday afternoon, I wanted to just place an answer here to reply to your message and to provide the answer to others which may have the same question.

CS Imaging has to use TWAIN to communicate with 3rd party devices - TWAIN is an open standard aimed at standardising communication between image handling software and hardware.

The service desk have since tested this 3rd party software with Twacker, a test tool provided by the TWAIN Working Group, with the same issue you reported occurred within this testing tool. This shows that the issue is not specific to the CS Imaging software and therefore Acteon will need to perform investigation into their TWAIN implementation to see why it is closing after a single image is taken rather than allowing multiple images.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to be in contact with us either here on the Exchange or at the service desk.

Kind Regards,

Mike Whiting

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Canine III

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have spoken to an official dealer of Carestream imaging products and he has informed me that only 2 Imaging software on the market do not allow multiple images from the the PsPix2 twain driver and has stated that the problem is with the Carestream Imaging Software and not the twain driver. They have tested this on virtually all dental imaging software on the market. 

The fact that you have stated the Twaker to test the twain driver implies that its not your software causing the issue  is factually incorrect. This only tests as you mentioned that the twain driver conforms to the twain standard and allows an image to be captured. This is exactly what the PsPix 2 Twain driver did and the image was brought in. The problem is the CS imaging software closes the driver after each image and that has nothing to do with the fact that the driver is twain compatible or not. 

If virtually all other imaging software out there allows the driver to work correctly surely Caretream can ensuring the programming in its software also allows this to work. It leads me to believe the software is constructed such that only Carestream products will work with it correctly. 

Please can someone call me as I am not really happy with this response. You have my number from previous calls. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Samir,

I fully appreciate this is an extremely frustrating issue, especially with you feeling in between two companies.

As you know I have been in contact directly with you and the third party in question, providing you with the full outcome along with a video showing that CS Imaging is fully able to acquire multiple images at a time through other TWAIN drivers.

Should anything further be needed, I am more than happy for you to contact me directly using the details I have e-mailed to you.

Kind Regards,

Nik

0 Kudos