Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghb
Canine II

R4+ SMS text reminders for groups

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.

We have been using R4+ for around 2 years and use the integrated text message reminder service and purchase the messages through Carestream.

At present, our system is setup such that each individual patient receives a text message reminder for their appointment two working days prior. If there is a mum and 3 children for example, all with the mum's mobile telephone number on their records, she will therefore receive 4 messages in one go.

We had a number of parents in this situation therefore disabling the SMS reminders for some family members to receive fewer texts. This then led to confusion where a family could have appointments at 15:00, 1515, 15:30, 15:45 but their text to patient X could be the 15:45 slot so their reminder would advise of the time and date stating 15:45, even though there were other appointments in this group starting at 15:00.

We had a couple of incidences where our reception advised a family that they were late for their appointments and the text reminder was brandished to the reception saying this is what we were sent.

Subsequent to this, we removed the time element from the text reminder and only have a date.

We now have a number of patients asking if we can add the time for their assistance. I did explain the above but the general feedback is that there must be a simple answer that we should be looking into. 

I'm sure there will be an answer for this and would be grateful for someone's assistance in advising on what the 'right answer is'.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: R4+ SMS text reminders for groups

Jump to solution

Good Morning

The short answer is Yes, just add a group appointment template to your text message reminders.
Then families with group appointments can receive one template about the 4 appointments and everyone else can receive a different template about there one.

There is a bit of setup to this, so i made a quick 4min video which i think would help.

(attached to this post)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if this video helped.

Kind regards

Liam Rushton

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
ghb
Canine II

Re: R4+ SMS text reminders for groups

Jump to solution
Thank you Liam for your time in putting this together for me. Time for a practice meeting :-)
0 Kudos