Re: Orthodontic assessment

R4 ( Scotland)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you! I will get your post moved to the R4+ area, so the team will see it and can assist.

0 Kudos
liamrushton
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you for taking the time to post @Jainemac 
Please can you give a little more detail about what you are looking for so we can best answer your post.

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
0 Kudos
Jainemac
Canine II

Hi
Is there a way of opening/creating an orthodontic assessment without having to open a course of orthodontic tx?
It doesn’t appear on the drop down unless a course is open?
This is because when I see a pt I don’t know whether I will be wanting to open a tx course or just an exam until after I have examined. And my nurse can’t fill the ortho assessment out without an open course.
Also was trying to put in an overjet value of 14mm and it wouldn’t accept it- said it had to be a maximum of 12! Can this be corrected.
Unable to add n/a into canine and molar relationship - and it won’t accept if you leave it blank ( if these teeth are missing or not erupted you can’t classify) and no 3/4 ( class II) or 1/4 1/2 3/4 ( class III) values.
Need a free text slot under the soft tissue area-tongue thrust isn’t the only issue they may have.. maybe lip trap for example. I’m having to write this under the free text in habits, but should be under soft tissue.
Hopefully you can get this issues resolved.
Many thanks
0 Kudos
cophin
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

• There is a small issue here we will escalate for addressing where if you access a patient when no open course is present but have not accessed any other Patient with an open course during that logged-in session then the option does not show under the View menu. However there is a workaround for the moment, if you switch charts to another patient who has an open ortho course then switch back to the Patient without an open course the option will then display under View > Ortho Clinical Assessment from either the Baseline or Treatment Plan screens as needed.
  • In regards to the Overjet limit i'm afraid you will need to take this up with the board, Overjet size under the eOrtho project design is restricted as "not allowed below 0 or beyond 12 in value" so the limit is dictated by them due to being their message format and so is not under our control to change which would be considered "unrecognised" by them.
  • When starting an Assessment Canine & Molar Relationships will show blank and will save as such if not opened but if accessed it does force you to select an answer as N\A is not currently listed, this is an oversight on our part and will get this escalated as they are optional for Examination claims, unused for Interim Payment, Discretionary, Retention, Retainer or Regulation 9 claims but be aware if leaving blank or using N\A (in the future) these values are still required for any Prior Approval, Final Payment or Discontinuation Claims for a patient if used in an associated assessment so in some cases it may be flagged as needed if not present when submitting claims.
  • Regarding no "3/4 ( class II)" or "1/4 1/2 3/4 ( class III)" values under Canine and Molar Relationships, i'm afraid like the Overjet limit you will need to take this up with the board, the allowed values are “I”, “1/4 II”,”1/2 II”, “II” and “III” which is also restricted by the boards message format so we cannot add any which would be considered "unrecognised".
  • Soft Tissues Areas, i'm afraid this is also limited by what the board define as allowed which the only choices are "Normal”, “Primary Tongue thrust” or “Posterior or lateral tongue thrust causing posterior open bite" there is no consideration given for any form of Free Text input or other options for this capture so by recording this under habits is probably the best solution unless the board make changes in this area.
0 Kudos