Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Szell
Canine II

Republic of Ireland SW and GMS

This is a Republic of Ireland query.

In our version of CS R4 SW and GMS charges do not get posted to the client's financial page.

This means that charges awaiting payment are not shown as being outstanding on the client's financial page, and when payment is received there is nowhere to allocate it. As a result of this every SW and GMS treatment we have carried out is shown as outstanding in the "Both " section on our financial reports page.

Is there any solution to this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Republic of Ireland SW and GMS

Hello,

Thank you for your question, with regards to the Social Welfare fees, the patient costs are customisable and need setting up within the Clinical Admin section of CS R4+ (similar to private fees). Once setup these should then post to the patients financial screen when the treatment item is completed.

With regards the General Medical Card fee's I don't believe there are any patient charges to be posted to the patients financial screen (but I stand to be corrected on this if I am wrong).

Hope the above helps, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance with this.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Szell
Canine II

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply.

The GMS procedures, like the Social Welfare procedures, all have a value attached to them. These values show up in the "Board" column of the "Turnover" report accessed via the "Financial Reports" tab on the Main menu.

Should the same procedure apply to these as to SW procedures?

Thanks

Szell

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

I believe the value attached to Medical Card treatment is paid when claimed from HSE which is why there is no patient fee attached. Please see the link below where there is more information.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/2/dental/

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Szell
Canine II

Hi Jon

As you say payments for GMS work are made pursuant to a claim from the practice.

However all procedures carried out under this scheme have a value attached to them by the GMS. These values feed into our Turnover report. Thus if we were to do an A4 procedure valued at €39.50 for Patient X our Turnover report would  show turnover of €39.50, but Patient X's account would not show any amount outstanding. When payment is received there is nowhere to post it and the charge will show as outstanding in our "Both" report forever. 

Kind regards

Szell

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, I believe this is making sense now. When you say 'both' report, do you mean the General Financial report? If you do, my suggestion would be to not use this report and use the Payment Allocation reports instead, as these report only on Financial transactions for the patient.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Szell
Canine II

Hi Jon

Your suggestion is fine with regard to private patients.

However we wish to track Social Welfare and GMS charges and receipts using CS R4. We would like to know, for any given period, say a year, how much SW and GMS work we have done, and how much is still outstanding, and, if possible, the amounts outstanding for each individual patient. 

Is this possible?

Regards

Szell

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the further clarifications and questions, it is not possible to get this information all in one report, but it is possible to pull it all from CS R4+, assuming that the claims are being 'sent' and managed correctly in the software.

For the Social Welfare and GMS treatment performed in a given period the best report to use is the Turnover report.

For the claims/treatment outstanding it is possible to use the respective claims management screens. Ensure the option for 'all patients' is ticked and that the correct status is selected such as 'All Waiting For Payment'. In the claims management screen it will also give a value for total on the status that is being searched on, for each patients value outstanding the individual claim would need to be looked at.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Szell
Canine II

Thanks Jon.