cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julietds
Canine II

Scottish Email migration

Has any one been able to continue using NHS email to send reminder text and emails since the email migration to .scot from .net?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Scottish Email migration

Hi @julietds,

We have had no reports of issues to the R4 helpdesk, have you had all your emails changed on the R4 system?

If you have I would recommend contacting the helpdesk on 0330 094 8194 so we can see if they have left the R4 system successfully.

Alternatively if you want to private message me your account number we will make contact with yourself.

Matt

0 Kudos
julietds
Canine II

Thank you Matt,

I think one of your colleagues had tried to help and had been liaising with our e-health facilitator, 

when I go to settings and add on 1 then there doesn't seem to be any information available

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @julietds

There wouldn't be anything configured in the add in 1 section in R4, with sending SMS via the NHS in Scotland the R4 system is configured to send an email so nothing is required in this section.

If you load into a patient record and go into the work/tel section of their personal record the email should contain the mobile number followed by the @nhs.net. If this is the case the addresses haven't been changed within the R4 system.

If this does already show the new .scot email address this would be the emails have been changed and from the R4 side look correct.

Matt

0 Kudos
julietds
Canine II

I have changed the email in this section to .scot, however they are not sending,

the facillitator advised that the problem may be with smpt or ipop which will no longer be supported from March 

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @julietds,

Are they showing in the outbox on the outlook account linked to the scheduler PC?

Matt

0 Kudos
julietds
Canine II

No they are not, 

thank you for your help so far, 

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @julietds,

OK this would indicate some kind of issue with R4 sending the task.

Are you able to let me know your account number and I will get remote access to the PC.

Matt

0 Kudos
julietds
Canine II

Info received by support, we will be in touch. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @julietds,

I have reached out to the practice and I found that the task to send the messages was disabled.

I have enabled this and run the task for appointments due for today/tomorrow and the task run successfully.

Are you able to check with NHS Scotland if they received the files, if they haven't for any reason they would need to investigate as to why as R4 has sent them successfully.

Matt

0 Kudos