Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pritiv
Canine III

Text messages

Hello

Do we have an option to add on more characters because sometimes people text back cancelling however we don't see these messages and it causes issues. Some doctors/hospital text messaging service states : sender does not support replies. I think the problem is people assume as the text has come from a mobile number they can text back. I feel there are not enough characters to send a comprehensive message, 

Thanks

Priti

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Text messages

Hello Priti,

It is not possible to increase character count without the text going over multiple messages which would cost more for the practice to send each time.

If you use our preferred partner (Healthcare Communications), there are a couple of options open to you.

1. We provide a free text replies service which does allow the patient to respond to the text message, the added advantage to this is if the patient confirms they are attending or requests to cancel then this will update the visual confirmation indicator in the appointment book, support can switch text replies on for you.

2. If you contact Healthcare Communications directly they can change the text message to come from a business name rather than just a mobile number. You noted patients reply as they see just a mobile number, so if they saw the business name they may be less likely to do so. This option has been discussed on a previous Exchange thread at the link below:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/R4/Text-messages/m-p/11730

Please let me know if I can help further.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos