cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDP
Canine II

Therapist or hygienist category and reports

Jump to solution

Looking for advice please. We are about to introduce a dental therapist to our practice for the first time, we haven't had a hygienist previously either so want to check how this works within R4 before I set up a new user. When setting up a new user I can choose from hygienist or therapist. Ideally I want to choose therapist as this is the role they will be undertaking. My concern is that when I look at reports there are no reports for therapists. I can see a report for hygienists called dentist hygienist breakdown. If I select the therapist profile does this mean the information on the work completed by the therapist will be available in the dentist hygenist breakdown report? If not, and I select the hygienist profile to be able to use this report will the therapist then lose other facilities applicable to a therapist within R4?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephen_skelton

Re: Therapist or hygienist category and reports

Jump to solution

Thank you for your post.

If you create a user as a Therapist, they can open treatment plans, add and completed dental treatment and any money that is paid in relation to treatment that they complete, will be allocated to them in the Payment Allocation Report.  However, their details are not included in the Dentist/Hygienist Breakdown report because the patient is not deemed to have been referred to the therapist by a dentist.

If you create a user as a Hygienist, they can also open treatment plans, add and completed dental treatment and any money that is paid in relation to treatment that they complete, will be allocated to them in the Payment Allocation Report.  Details of any payments made in relation for any treatment that has been completed by the hygienist will be included in the Dentist/Hygienist Breakdown report as the patient is deemed to have been referred to the hygienist by a dentist.

Depending on how you will be paying your therapist will determine whether or not the Dentist/Hygienist report will be of any benefit to you.  If you are paying your therapist the full value of any private treatment that they have completed, then the Payment Allocation Summary report will show you how much money they have earned in respect of completed treatment and payments from patients.  If you are only paying your therapist a proportion of the money that has been generated from private treatment then the Dentist/Hygienist report will show you the full value of the treatment completed so that you can then work out what proportion is due to the therapist.

Any treatment that is completed under the NHS scheme will not appear on the Dentist/Hygienist report at all nor will any money that is paid for this treatment be allocated to the therapist or the hygienist.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stephen_skelton

Jump to solution

Thank you for your post.

If you create a user as a Therapist, they can open treatment plans, add and completed dental treatment and any money that is paid in relation to treatment that they complete, will be allocated to them in the Payment Allocation Report.  However, their details are not included in the Dentist/Hygienist Breakdown report because the patient is not deemed to have been referred to the therapist by a dentist.

If you create a user as a Hygienist, they can also open treatment plans, add and completed dental treatment and any money that is paid in relation to treatment that they complete, will be allocated to them in the Payment Allocation Report.  Details of any payments made in relation for any treatment that has been completed by the hygienist will be included in the Dentist/Hygienist Breakdown report as the patient is deemed to have been referred to the hygienist by a dentist.

Depending on how you will be paying your therapist will determine whether or not the Dentist/Hygienist report will be of any benefit to you.  If you are paying your therapist the full value of any private treatment that they have completed, then the Payment Allocation Summary report will show you how much money they have earned in respect of completed treatment and payments from patients.  If you are only paying your therapist a proportion of the money that has been generated from private treatment then the Dentist/Hygienist report will show you the full value of the treatment completed so that you can then work out what proportion is due to the therapist.

Any treatment that is completed under the NHS scheme will not appear on the Dentist/Hygienist report at all nor will any money that is paid for this treatment be allocated to the therapist or the hygienist.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Stephen

View solution in original post

LDP
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen

Thank you very much for your reply of last week which was most helpful. I decided to categorise our therapist as a hygienist on R4 as most treatment is being referred to her by the dentist and for payment reasons I would require to see which work was carried out on behalf of which dentist and the charges involved.

The therapist has been with us one day. I tried to pull up the dentist/hygienist breakdown report and it has no information. When I tried a payment allocation detail report it also had no information.

Why can't I get any information on the therapists work?

Many thanks

Cheryl

0 Kudos
stephen_skelton

Jump to solution

Hi,

There are a few reasons why no information is displayed in these two reports.

1. The treatment items did not have any charge associated with them, for example they were NHS treatment items.
  2. The patient has not yet paid for the treatment.
  3. The patient was in debt and any payment that they made today was used to reduce the existing debt and therefore allocated to the provider who had completed that work.

If none of these situations apply then please let me know as it will require further investigation.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos