Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteleydp
Canine III

sms reminders

Jump to solution

Hello

I am really struggling over a change of text reminders going to our patients.

I am happy that all correct boxes have been ticked and changed, but SMS through Carestream is still sending our 'old' message - what next?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: sms reminders

Jump to solution

Hi @whiteleydp,

1st it might be worth checking is if you have 1 SMS enabled for multiple appointments, to check this follow the below.

Main Menu > Edit > Settings > Add Ins 1> Under SMS section select "Modify Details"

There is an option called "Single SMS for Multiple Appts on same day", if this is ticked then it uses a set template for patients that have 2 appointments on the same day no matter what setting R4 is pointing at, if this is unticked then it will use the schedule.

So next thing to check would be the template that was created, to check this go follow the below.

Main Menu > Edit > Task Scheduler > Find your task and select edit task > Select "Manage" top right

This will now list all of your templates, find the one that you had amended and make a note of the name of the template, press OK to close the window

At the top of of the reminder task section it will have drop down boxes for the template in use, ensure that it matches the same name you got earlier, if not then this will be the wrong message going out.

If you make any changes ensure you press OK and save the changes.

If all of the above is correct and it is still sending the wrong SMS I would recommend you call the support team on 0330 094 8194 and we can investigate

Regards

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @whiteleydp,

Many thanks for your post.

Are you able to clarify if these are the automatic reminders that send out through the scheduler or something else?

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
whiteleydp
Canine III

Jump to solution
thru the scheduler

It's work really well UNTIL I had to change message
0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @whiteleydp,

1st it might be worth checking is if you have 1 SMS enabled for multiple appointments, to check this follow the below.

Main Menu > Edit > Settings > Add Ins 1> Under SMS section select "Modify Details"

There is an option called "Single SMS for Multiple Appts on same day", if this is ticked then it uses a set template for patients that have 2 appointments on the same day no matter what setting R4 is pointing at, if this is unticked then it will use the schedule.

So next thing to check would be the template that was created, to check this go follow the below.

Main Menu > Edit > Task Scheduler > Find your task and select edit task > Select "Manage" top right

This will now list all of your templates, find the one that you had amended and make a note of the name of the template, press OK to close the window

At the top of of the reminder task section it will have drop down boxes for the template in use, ensure that it matches the same name you got earlier, if not then this will be the wrong message going out.

If you make any changes ensure you press OK and save the changes.

If all of the above is correct and it is still sending the wrong SMS I would recommend you call the support team on 0330 094 8194 and we can investigate

Regards

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
whiteleydp
Canine III

Jump to solution

Lovely thanks-  it was the tick box for multiple appts under the add in tab that was the problem I hope.

Let's see at 1.00 when texts go out 🙂

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @whiteleydp,

Finger's crossed, if this doesn't it would need investigation by the support team.

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos