cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherring227
Canine III

Allowance Tables

How do we set up an allowance table? Where does the information come from?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Allowance Tables

Hi cherring227‌! We recently added a page out of the SoftDent Online Help here in the community that may help you. SoftDent: Adding Allowance Tables and Associating an Allowance Table with an Insurance Plan 

We also have a great recorded webinar located in the Carestream Dental Institute www.carestreamdental.com/CDI that may help you as well. It looks like your office has registered accounts for the Institute (let me know if you need help with logging in). Once logged in click Webinars > SoftDent, and on the top right you'll see an option for View Recorded Webinars. Below is the name and description of the webinar. 

SoftDent: Insurance Setup Webinar Playback (Part 1 of 2) - This intermediate-level webinar, part one of two, is designed for administrative team members and provides instruction that will help you manage your insurance plans and estimation. By the end of this webinar, you should be able to understand insurance system settings, recognize the components of an insurance plan, utilize the allowance table and bluebook, and set up insurance experts. This webinar was presented by certified trainer, Kirsten Sell in March of 2013. (1 hour)

Community Manager
Community Manager

d.canalestsalcido

Do either of you have anything to add to the information provided in my previous comment? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

In addition to reviewing the recordings 

We recommend one on one training, to assure this is set up, the best way for your practice.  One on one training can tie all of the pieces together for you.  One - 3 Hour class should be enough to get all of your questions answered for you.  These are the topic I would recommend covering during that time 

Allowance table management 

Blue Book modifications & Limitations

Blue Book Notes

Plan Set up 

When to update Bluebooks and when not to

Claim clean up

Wendy 

Highlighted
pksaari79
First Molar I

One on one training is GREAT and so worthwhile.  We have in office training once a year.  It's very personalized and can be flexible, depending on staff's needs and what you are trying to accomplish.  Highly recommended and worth the investment!!

cherring227
Canine III

Thank u