cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traceydavid1
Canine II

Allowance Tables

Question: Our Softdent has never been used correctly. I just took this position 2 weeks ago and I am in charge of updating our allowance tables, bluebooks, and getting insurance to work correctly. We are only in network with 2 companies, and for those 2 companies the allowance tables work fine. My question is when adding an allowance table for out of network insurance companies I am having trouble figuring it out. My understanding was you only need 1 allowance table per insurance company, however, I have found that the allowed amounts are different for every employer and I can't accurately update my allowance tables. Can someone please give me some guidance and advice on this subject.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
amansour
Canine II

Re: Allowance Tables

Hello,

So basically the allowance table should be attached to the insurance plan. So you maybe have multiple plans (based on the employer) that is under the umbrella of one insurance company. It is very normal that each plan to have their own allowance table.

In those cases, you will have to create a new allowance table for that certain plan by going to List > Allowance table , then add the new plan allowance table. once you finish creating that allowance table , you will need to go to List > Insurance plan > and then attach the newly created allowance table to the plan under the coverage tab.

Now that been said, if the differences between the allowance tables is in one or few codes. You can use the general allowance table you have created and attach it to the plan. Then there is an extra step you will need to do. You will have to go to the Bluebook for the insurance plan in question (the one that has different allowed amount for a certain code). Find the code in question and delete it. After that click Add in the Bluebook screen and enter the correct ADA code information with the correct allowed amount , then click Ok.

So now it is up to you to chose what method you would prefer to use.

Hopefully my answer was helpful.

0 Kudos