cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brightsmiles
Canine II

Archived Treatment

Jump to solution

When archiving treatment plan we would like to be able to print once archived and also retrieve treatment plan if needed.jeffrey.urkevich

Labels (1)
16 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Archived Treatment

Jump to solution

What do you think of adding a 4th TP called "archive" that would be in reverse bold on the screen?  You would be able to copy procedures from it as needed, but it would not be active for posting.  Since it would act like a live TP, you would be able to print as needed also.  

Keep the feedback coming!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

brightsmiles
Canine II

Jump to solution

That sounds great. Little changes like this would really help with our treatment plan process. As a pedo practice we see 40-60 patients a day. Thanks for your quick response.

Highlighted
pksaari79
First Molar I

Jump to solution

I would like to see this archive under Treatment Plan for the patient.  After a year, we usually delete those out if they have not scheduled treatment but we keep it in the clinical notes.Archiving would help keep it there but "out of the way" so to speak and available if needed.  I would also like to see some way of the treatment plan being deleted if any part of it matches as opposed to what is actually there.  For example, if you have a 2150 DO on #3, it will not delete out of the treatment plan unless it is actually that item....so if it becomes a 2160 DOF on #3, the treatment plan stays.  That is why we went to deleting after a year.  One, if they didn't schedule treatment and two, if they came in and it had become something different, it would not delete out.  Thanks for listening......

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Thank you Kay!  I am tagging a couple trainers on this discussion, I want to brainstorm a bit on how we would satisfy a specific treatment plan item with a different procedure.  Using your example, the TP shows 2150, the procedure performed is 2160, how can we be sure this procedure always satisfies the TP?  

softdentgirl

d.canales

shanab

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Jeff

I agree with Kay & Amber.  They both have valid points.  However there is a small viewing area under the treatment plan tab in the charting section.  The 4th option sounds good to copy from, but once they are finished, I would like to see a toggle for the display to be remove it from the active treatment plans if possible ,

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Jump to solution

We have the archive treatment plan option already; however, I would like to see a field that shows the actual date the treatment plan was created and if any "states" were updated when they were.  As of now, BEFORE the TP is archived, we need to put notations of dates in the notes field AND it can only be done from the admin side.  In the charting module, you can not edit any line item in the treatment plan tab or in the window before archiving the treatment plan. In the charting module, once you select OK from the archive window, it is a done deal unless you then go into the "view archived treatment plans" button and then edit the line items.  Just several extra steps.

It would be nice to pull items from the archive and re-instate them and have a new planned date show along with an original planned date and the date that the patient originally declined the treatment.  This gives a story so to speak of the tooth.  Perhaps adding these items to the "go to detail mode" button would be helpful.  

As far as satisfying the TP, we have the reconcile TP option in the check out window which enables deletion of items that do not apply any longer.  In Kay's example, 2160 would be posted but if she uses the reconcile TP check box, she could then delete the 2150 that no longer applies.  Like Wendy said, a prompt that this tooth had some other items planned (on any TP- primary, secondary, or tertiary) and being able to delete them with a single click vs having to remember to select the reconcile TP checkbox would be helpful.  This would also be helpful if it could be done on a posted appointment card basis vs each tooth individually.  Meaning that if there are 3 procedures posted and 2 of them are on teeth that have other codes treatment planned to them, the software should have ALL of the other treatment planned codes for all teeth on that posted appointment card vs having a separate window pop up for each tooth.

Unfortunately, too many pop up windows cause people to just ignore them after a while.  

Just some thoughts.

pksaari79
First Molar I

Jump to solution

I am aware of the reconcile treatment box but it's one more thing to process.  I share Shana's thoughts....m

shanab
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Also to clarify- I wouldn't want items to be automatically removed (unless there is a way to organize by codes that could be set up by the office) because there are many times that a tooth may have an MO on the TP along with a separate B or L Class V (to fill abfraction areas) and if the MO is actually an MOD, I would not want the separate B or L to be automatically removed just because it is on the same tooth.  

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

I also want to mention the ability to print the archived treatment as Amber mentioned above.