Try these steps below:
1. Click List in the main menu bar.
2. Select Ins Plan.
3. Double-click on the BCBS Plan in question.
4. Select the Claim Filing tab.
5. Make a note of the form number in the field labeled "Print Claim Form #".
6. Close the plan information window.
7. Click Insurance in the main menu bar.
8. Select Select Insurance Forms.
9. Set the form number that corresponds to the value from step 5 to form number (Ex. 170 "BC/BS ADA FORM 2006 Laser Form").
10. Click OK to save the changes.
11. Make certain that the appropriate identification number that is used by BCBS is entered into the field labeled "BCBS #" on the account information screen.
Lisa, we just ran into the same issue, and here's what I did to remedy ...
In the insurance plan screen, take a look at the "Plan Type" .... I changed ours from indemnity to BC/BS....
And ... wah lah ...
Lisa, We have had this issue also. The way to always make sure that the BCBS ID number shows up is to put the BCBS number on the patient info insurance field, where you link up the insurance. Underneath where the name of the insured is, put the BCBS ID number. You can use this for other insurances too. I also put it on the account BCBS ID screen, but it doesn't always come through on the claim. I hope this helps!