cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunham
First Molar I

BLUEBOOKS are OMITTING codes after Allowance Table Update

I have updated my Allowance tables to reflect code changes and modifications to Allowable for 2021. However, I am noticing that some codes are now omitted from Bluebooks that are attached to some allowance tables.   The omitted codes ARE present in my Allowance table, they WERE in the existing bluebook, as they were codes prior to 2021, and are NOT deleted codes.   I have not performed the code 2021 update because SD code Updates change my code descriptions and it is too lengthy of a process to change code descriptions.     The code omissions tend to be sporadic, but of recent, I notice on my UCCI tables, the 4910 code and d4910 modifiers are omitted, as well as 4346.    Also, another plan I recently updated , Principal, is now omiting D7140.     What is going on??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BLUEBOOKS are OMITTING codes after Allowance Table Update

@trankin @bccarestreamrep any ideas on this? 

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: BLUEBOOKS are OMITTING codes after Allowance Table Update

I would be lying if I typed "I fully understand the issue." It honestly sounds like something that support will have to address and see first hand. I have never personally seen where updating allowance tables will delete bluebook entries UNLESS those codes are being removed from the attached allowance table(s).

0 Kudos