cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alcavs1983
Canine II

Can Softdent upgrade to be in mulitiple accounts at once?

Is there anyway Softdent can upgrade the software to be in multiple accounts/charts at once?  I know other software programs have the ability to do this. Thank you for any feedback.

4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can Softdent upgrade to be in mulitiple accounts at once?

Thank you for your post alcavs1983‌.

jeffrey.urkevich‌ do you have any feedback on this?

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hello alcavs1983‌,

This is a very common request - as you can probably imagine.  SoftDent uses the locking system to protect data integrity when in modify mode; basically preventing concurrent changes to the same record in the database.  I know this is a challenge when you're trying to checkout family members at the front desk while the chart is open in the operatory.  There is one trick I can offer but you may already know of it.  

When you get the "in use" message, click "OK"  

If you click "No" on the next prompt, you will be in view only mode for that account.  You won't be able to make changes, but you can at least look at the information on patient/account.  I'm afraid this is all I have!

drcavola
Premolar III

Again, here is another request for an enhancement that has an almost 10 year old (aka decade) history.  So, instead of Development coming up with ANY type of remedy or solution, they allowed many many Softdent users to abandon ship and find another PMS that WILL allow you to be in multiple accounts at the same time.

One of the requested workarounds has been when a user gets the "in use" message such as the first depiction, that the message ALSO include WHO the user is in the other account.  Wouldn't that make sense?  Sometimes it's obvious, but again, sometimes it's not.  And in our office, it causes quite a kerfuffal as when it is not obvious.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

FYI - check the dates again.  Plus, look at the "planned" notification almost 4 years ago.

How can we improve CS SOFTDENT Practice Management Software?

To access clinical notes (Dr) and transactions (Admin) at the same time.

Front staffs will need to access clinical notes to bill insurance via transaction page. Can't expect staffs to memorize tooth # & surface when entering txtment in transaction.

189votes
sbdsbd shared this idea  ·  Apr 21, 2011  · 
PLANNED  ·  Mar 12, 2013
0 Kudos