cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mbrown
Canine III

CareCredit Mastercard transactions

We are having difficulty using our CareCredit/Softdent integration with the new CareCredit Mastercards. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a setting in Softdent that needs altered or should I contact CareCredit?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
mbrown
Canine III

Re: CareCredit Mastercard transactions

More info: when we type the card number (that begins with 5), we get error #300 and the payment will not process as a Carecredit payment. 

0 Kudos

@mbrown 
we have received multiple calls since carecredit recently started paying through Mastercard
for now the work around is to process the payment through carecredit websit

then disable carecredit integration ( in softdent click on file , practice , default ADA codes tab , replace the carecredit payment default code with 0 )

post the payment to patient transactions using carecredit payment code 

then enable carecredit integration (in softdent click on file , practice , default ADA codes tab , replace the 0 in carecredit payment default code )

@tyson_edwards
is this going to be fixed\added in next release ?

0 Kudos
mbrown
Canine III

That's similar to what we're doing in our office for now.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This is the first I have heard. I will do some investigation and see where it might fit in the development schedule.

enspire
Premolar I

We did have the same issue, and we are going online to carecreditpro.com to process.  Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.  Kind of a tedious process as of now.

0 Kudos
dental3208
Canine III

Has there been any progress with the CareCredit info? We are training for the ePayments next week and want to have all the info streamlined to make it an easier transition. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

There hasn't been any changes in the software to accommodate the CareCredit change.

We are still conducting research about the best way for SD to handle this. Unfortunately, It's not a small tweak to get this working but it's on the roadmap for next year.

Thanks,

Tyson

0 Kudos
dental3208
Canine III

Okay, thanks for the response. 

So our best course of action is to either keep our CareCredit Terminal and use that to run cards or run it through the CareCredit website and follow the above instructions of disabling and enabling the integration so we are able to post the correct payment codes? 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes, I would say so for now. @ayman can you confirm?