cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canine II

Cash Discount automatic?

I have certain patients that are showing up with an automatic cash discount, it pops in their transactions after we check them out automatically, and it's only like 10% or something, how do I change this or make this stop? Or do I need to call and get someone into my system to look at it? Thank You! @matt_ackerman  @juriz  @tyson_edwards 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
First Molar I

Re: Cash Discount automatic?

Look in the lower left-hand corner of the patient tab, there you will see a "Discount" click on it and remove it there.     Discounts are set up within Settings, Discount Schedules (near bottom of list)  here you will see a list of all discounts so that you can manage/ disable their applicability to practice.   I believe there is also a utility that can remove all discount types from Pt screens. 

Canine II

ok so that didn't work, as we have this certain patient set up for 30% discount and thats not what is showing up in transactions. whats showing up in transactions is a 10% cash discount and thats how it is for everyone of our patients. I even looked in discount schedules and there is not a 10% cash discount in the schedule so that's out. thank you though.

0 Kudos
First Molar I

Hmmm, without looking at your actual issue, I would have to say you would need to Create a New Discount, then apply that new Discount to the applicable patients.    

If I am understanding you correctly, all of your cash patients are receiving a 10% adjustment, BUT there is not a discount created for that type of payment?   By chance is there an entire different Fee Schedule being used?      If a Fee Schedule is being used for Cash Pay patients, a Discount Adj would not need to be used.     

Example:  Fee Schedule #2 is set to post at 10% lower than the practice fee (decided during fee schedule creation).  No Discount adjustment is needed for a 10%discount because it is already reflected in Fee Schedule #2 fees.      In this scenario, if you wanted the patient to receive an extra 20%, you could create a Discount schedule of 20%, and apply it to his patient screen, therefore calculating automatically at 30% off practice fees.        

0 Kudos