cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lhopkins
Canine II

Cell Phone Priority Preference

Our office would really like to see two changes to SoftDent concerning a cell phone number as a priority.  We know how to go into the patient screen and set the cell phone number as the perferred contact, but it would be nice if that preference could be established at the initial appointment scheduling.  Currently there isn't even a field to enter the cell phone number on a new patient appointment screen.  We have to jot down the cell phone number on scrap paper and go into the patient screen later to enter it into a field.  We would prefer to have the fields for home telephone number and cell telephone number on the initial appointment screen vs. home and work.  In addition, since the vast majority of our patient prefer their cell phone and a good number have eliminated a home telephone number entirely, it would be nice if system wide the cell phone was the automatic preffered contact and changing it to home or work were a dropdown option.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
callton
Premolar II

Re: Cell Phone Priority Preference

We have version 116.1.1 and on the new patient appointment screen in the scheduler, the first phone option is for a mobile phone number.  Perhaps you are using an older version and an upgrade would solve your problem. 

0 Kudos
lhopkins
Canine II

I have talked to SoftDent support and, unfortunately, we are in the other scheduler version of SoftDent 16.2.3.2 and it does not include that option.  I am encouraged that SoftDent has considered this for your program.  Perhaps they will work on this issue since they have addressed it previously.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

jeffrey.urkevich​ please see request for the New Patient Appt screen in the scheduler. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kristenb0726
Canine II

I also agree this "add" would be VERY beneficial. We end up putting the cell in the "home" field and it gets very confusing as we have to remember later to add it to the cell field once we are out of the New Appointment screen. This is a lot of "in and out" of screens when you're trying to be respectful of the patient's time on the phone. Please fix this asap!

FormerPLM
Premolar III

This is a good idea.  We are looking at several changes to the user interface right now, so I have added this request to that conversation.  User Story 35411 has been created for this purpose.  

We are also considering the expanding the preferred method of contact functionality to all screens that show patient contact info.  

Do you have any other suggestions for improving the account/patient input screens?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos