cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susihomestead54
Canine III

Re: Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Clinical History

Hi Meryl!

No, I am not speaking of scaling and root planning, I am speaking of restorative work such as crowns, composites, pontics, things of that nature.

I will look into your suggestion regarding adding as "Inside Work" to the initial chart.  Also when you say "initial chart" would a patient have more than ONE chart? And WHY?

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Kelly

0 Kudos
susihomestead54
Canine III

Re: Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Clinical History

Hi Danelle,

This is a situation with patients that we have had for many years, on work that was done several years ago.  I have noticed that if it was work done within that past say 3-5 years it the restorative work appears, if it was done say in the late 90's early 2000 it does not show up.  As I mentioned to Jeff I am new to Softdent, our office is working at becoming totally paperless.  On the clinical side we are not and since I am the newbee  I thought well I will just jump in and make sure that each and every patient I see that at least their restorative chart is totally up to date and then move on to perio ect....  I am wondering if back in the time-frame that I am speaking of our office did not have the codes set up to chart the work in blue on the patients restorative chart....when I scroll down under the Clinical History those restorations do appear!

When I tried charting the work as "Inside" it was coming up to be billed out (charging the patient) so I quickly deleted those entries because I certainly do not want to mess THAT UP!!!

So when I get to work tomorrow I will try the suggestion that you and Meryl are speaking of:

Chart Mode

Inside Work

Initial Chart

It will appear blank, add my entries, save and then go back to current chart and everything should appear and what I just entered will not be billed out.

*The only thing that is confusing me is how many charts does a patient have I would think that they should only have one.  That the initial chart gets carried over to the current chart?  I am not at work today so not being in front of the computer I am getting a little confused.  I will try all this tomorrow and keep you posted!!!

I hope this works!!!!

Thank you so much for reaching out to me I greatly appreciate it!

Kelly

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Kelly, the patient has an initial chart & restorative, active restorative chart that shows outside work, inside work, when selecting the TP you can view TP 1, 2 or 3 it will also show on the restorative tab.  The initial chart will only be blank if nothing was charted, if you chart existing, those procedures will show up then select Inside Work for the selected items to show up in blue without being billed.  I hope this clarifies some of your questions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Did you look at the check boxes in charting display in boittom right and see if they are checked

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Please send me your contact information and I will connect with you and look at it albert.keith@Carestream.com

0 Kudos
susihomestead54
Canine III

Re: Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Cl

Danelle,
I am revisiting this issue and I would like to further discuss this with you. So what I have noticed is that the work that is NOT appearing on the restorative chart most of it WAS in fact done in our office and it appears under Clinical History Tab but the tooth on the restorative chart does not reflect the procedure and these date back to the years of mid 1990's thru about 2002. So if a MOD was placed in 1999 and appears under Clinical History but not on the restorative chart ... how do I now make it appear on the restorative chart in blue without charging the patient and without it appearing again under the Clinical History Tab with the date that I am making this update? Thanks Kelly
0 Kudos