cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmturner1
Canine II

Contactless Payment does not work in Softdent V18

We need contactless payment to work.  For some reason it still does not with V18.  Despite every coffee shop in America accepting contactless payment, we cannot.  This requires our office staff to handle physical cards which increase the chance of transmission of COVID-19.  

Contactless payment is a public health issue, yet Softdent does not work properly with contactless payment. We also need to remove the obligation to sign the payment pad, to avoid transmission of the virus via the pen.  

What is everyone else doing?  When will this work properly? 

Please advise

-Patrick

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jeremy_dempsey
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Contactless Payment does not work in Softdent V18

Patrick,

Our SoftDent 18 ePayments solution does support our newest version of ePayments which includes the usage of the Ingenico ISC250. This card reader does allow for NFC(Near Field Communication) payment options such as card tap(if the card supports NFC) or Mobile payment options like Apple Pay or Google Pay. For card tap, if the issuing bank of the card requires a pin or signature, the patient may still be asked for one of those to be completed.

If you are still using our prior ePayments version that had the Magtek swiper and have upgraded to SoftDent 18, then we can get you updated to using the newest version of ePayments as well. Our payment partner Global Payments(TSYS) can assist you in getting the new equipment and switching over.

0 Kudos
pmturner1
Canine II

Jeremy:

We have SD18 and we have new isc touch 250's from TSYS, which should be supported, but whenever we try to use contactless payment it says "declined'  

We have tried this numerous times, with multiple cards, and we have been in discussion with TSYS and between CS Dental and TSYS, neither of the two can figure out the problem.  

We need this to work ASAP.  We want people to touch less things in the office.

We do not know what to do at this point.  We are also having problems with the default readers installed on each desktop.  

0 Kudos
paul_snyder
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Afternoon Patrick, 

I'd like to have one of our support agents reach out to you.  Can you provide a phone number?  Also, which practice are you associated with?  Account number or practice address?  

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
lakegirl
Canine III

Jeremy, we are using version 19 of Softdent. We still use the slider on top of screen to process. I want to be able to have contactless input including apple and google pay. Is that supported in version 19? Does it work seamlessly? and how to I get the new equipment form Global to get up and running? Do you have many offices using apple pay etc and is it well received? thanks

0 Kudos
lakegirl
Canine III

Contactless Payment does not work in Softdent V19

My email is pixiefinn@gmail.com and my phone is 603-524 0881 for support to install the newest equip

0 Kudos
jeremy_dempsey
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Contactless Payment does not work in Softdent V19

Thank you for the question! It's actually the device that supports the contactless payments. Our ePayments service just talks to Global, who then talks to the device. The Ingenico ISC250 takes the payment however it can and Global tells us that it's been approved. The Ingenico ISC250 can accept swiped cards, Chip(EMV) read, and NFC(Near Field Communication) which entails NFC capable payment cards and mobile payments just tapped or hovered closely over the Ingenico. Mobile payments would include Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay. I will have your account representative contact you for more information. 

0 Kudos
lakegirl
Canine III

Thanks. Does Global provide that as courtesy or do I have to purchase? Also who sets it up to auto talk to softdent? Do I need to contact Global or CS?Thanks
0 Kudos
jeremy_dempsey
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

You would need to purchase new equipment as the old swipers do not work with the new design. Our team should be reaching out to you if they haven't already.

0 Kudos
lakegirl
Canine III

Hi Jeremy..they have not. Please ask them to do so asap...we are need ing to move on this quickly. thanks

0 Kudos