cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffdds
Canine II

Could you please make softdent more user friendly

The topic is could softdent be more user friendly.

I wish the clinical notes were more user friendly.

There are many things I wish Softdent would do by thinking ahead of our next move. Similar to a dental assistant who will anticipate what I am doing prior to my execution.

I really don't know where to start  but something does not feel up to date when I do my case notes. It really takes me so long to do them correctly that any steps would help. Perhaps you can hire a computer programmer to do this. Or perhaps a dental/medical user who can spend a day with your program. In general he would find tons of bottlenecks.

At this moment I can only give you one example. When I miss spell a medical term the system does not have a choice that I can choose from. Worse than that when I choose a dental term and it is misspelled there is not always a choice that I can choose. It makes me wonder is this dental or even medical software? However since we a partners -sort of- I would hope to see some progress.

Did you know that dental implants are standard of care. Then why do I keep getting a message that tooth is missing after an implant is charged out and I am attempting to charge out a restoration with an implant code?

Another thing is your data base for letters, labels etc. In 2019 . Could you make it more user friendly?

Getting together a data base involves a long phone call with a rep who in many cases is not experienced enough with the system. Yes it is so user unfriendly that the customer service person often has to struggle as well. Really there is no excuse because as users we should have personal easy to use access to sort out our data.

Could you please work on the software, in particular those aspects.

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Could you please make softdent more user friendly

Hi, We are currently looking at how to improve Clinical Notes in the software and would love your feedback.

I'd like to contact you directly to discuss.

Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Long overdue ....

0 Kudos
jeffdds
Canine II

Well if you care to improve softdent  just invest in a dentist for one day and see how many frustrating areas there are. Then get a front desk and ask them to tell you what is difficult. You may wonder how anyone can tolerate this.

One isolated example. If I decide to look at a patient's insurance information in a chart the carrier jumps to another one if I move too quickly.

Another item is you have a generic spell check for clinical notes: no dentistry or medicine do I see as options; usually.

Other dental programs are so intuitive however soft dent will not allow me to create a data base for mailings without speak to customer service.

You know what I mean and also know how difficult it would be to jump ship. 

So let's work together and please modernize your program.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

We very much care to improve SoftDent. We discuss how to improve SoftDent with Dr's and their staff almost daily and we certainly have a running list of all the frustrating areas. I would love to get a list of yours as well to see how they match up.

We have a very dedicated  and talented team of developers and quality assurance folks that work on the software every day.

SoftDent is a large program that has been built up for over 20 years. It impossible to go back and reengineer the software all at once. We are doing the research to find out where we can provide the most useful change for the cost it takes to develop/test and release it. Nothing is an "easy" fix for SoftDent. Trust me, I wish it was. It would make my job a ton easier!

Unfortunately, it still takes awhile for our users to see the results but we are working on how to shorten that process as well.

Would you mind emailing me your contact info so we can discuss further? 

tyson.edwards@csdental.com