cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcavola
First Molar I

Credit card machine issue

Hello,

We are having an issue with one of our credit card machine terminals.  We called TransFirst, or Global something or another last week.  And, of course, they said it's a Softdent issue.  We called electronic services, and ... of course, they said it's their problem.

Meantime, we have our main machine that errors our when using a credit card with a magnetic chip (say, for instance, an HSA card) ...

A quick workaround would be to switch one of our other machines to this computer and disconnect the bad reader.  However, each reader has been customized to each workstation.

Could use some help here ... thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
paul_snyder
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Credit card machine issue

Hello Dr. Cavola, 
So sorry to hear that you are having challenges with your card reader.  I will have a rep from our eServices escalations team reach out on Tuesday morning.  We appreciate your patience.   

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

Thanks Paul. I let my admin team know.
0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

OK Paul, yes, Bret called this morning.  Yes, he "tested" it and it is connected.  However, he should have asked more questions as "connection" is not the issue.  The issue is the magnetic strip scanner ... it causes an error message.  The issue comes about during patients using their HSA cards that don't have a chip.  

We know how to check if the machine is connected, thanks.  

May we try that again?

0 Kudos
paul_snyder
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. Cavola, 
Do you have more than one credit card reader in your office?  If so, does this problem limited to a single card reader, or does it happen on all of them?  

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

Yes, and yes.  The issue causes the machine reader to hang, as well as the software, so we are able to go to a different admin workstation to finish the transaction.  Thus, the discussion about the workaround for now.  That is, moving that backup reader to our check out workstation.  However, because of the initial setup, it seems to be much more of a complicated setup or re-setup, as opposed to physically moving one to another.

0 Kudos
paul_snyder
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Day Dr. Cavola, 
We are working with TSYS to determine what the cause may be.  On the surface it appears that there may be a malfunction on that specific Ingenico device, since these types of cards are able to swipe correctly on other devices.  Brett will be back in touch with your office shortly.  

We appreciate your patience as we work this out. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

And thank you for your perseverance.  

0 Kudos
paul_snyder
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. Cavola, 

Just received communication from TSYS and they are expediting a replacement Ingenico device to your practice today.  Brett will be happy to assist with the installation of the device, if needed. 

Again, we appreciate your patience.   

0 Kudos